MLB News: Giants SP Matt Cain Returns To 15-Day Disabled List
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:10 PM EST
The San Francisco Giants placed Matt Cain back on the 15-day disabled list after being ruled out of Saturday's game against the St. Louis Cardinals, the team announced on Friday afternoon.
Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed Cain will return on disabled list for the second time this season despite report that he's return to make his return this Saturday.
''We're going to take the safe route,'' Giants manager Bruce Bochy said via Yahoo Sports. ''He wanted to pitch, but at the same time he's feeling a little something. 'It's just not worth the risk.''
Cain, who suffered a hamstring injury in his last pitch of the third inning on May 21, already missed the last 10 games with the injury, but he showed some improvement in the past days after performing well during bullpen session last Wednesday.
Yusmeiro Petit will instead face Cardinals starter Michael Wacha, while Bochy expects Cain to make his next start at home on June 6 against the visiting New York Mets.
Cain is currently 1-3 with a 3.66 ERA while Petit boasts a better win record at 3-2 with a 5.08 ERA in 14 games.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best