MLB News: Giants SP Matt Cain Returns To 15-Day Disabled List
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:10 PM EST
The San Francisco Giants placed Matt Cain back on the 15-day disabled list after being ruled out of Saturday's game against the St. Louis Cardinals, the team announced on Friday afternoon.
Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed Cain will return on disabled list for the second time this season despite report that he's return to make his return this Saturday.
''We're going to take the safe route,'' Giants manager Bruce Bochy said via Yahoo Sports. ''He wanted to pitch, but at the same time he's feeling a little something. 'It's just not worth the risk.''
Cain, who suffered a hamstring injury in his last pitch of the third inning on May 21, already missed the last 10 games with the injury, but he showed some improvement in the past days after performing well during bullpen session last Wednesday.
Yusmeiro Petit will instead face Cardinals starter Michael Wacha, while Bochy expects Cain to make his next start at home on June 6 against the visiting New York Mets.
Cain is currently 1-3 with a 3.66 ERA while Petit boasts a better win record at 3-2 with a 5.08 ERA in 14 games.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown