NBA News: Donald Sterling Plans To Sue NBA For $1 Billion
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is planning to sue the NBA for a whooping $1 billion after allegedly being forced to sell his basketball franchise, a source close to situation reported on Friday.
According to a report by NBC News, Sterling is planning to file his case asking the National Basketball Association to pay him roughly $1 billion in damages for being forced to relinquish control of the Clippers.
"Embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is planning to sue the league after he was forced to relinquish control of the team, NBC News has learned. A source close to Sterling says that he will file a lawsuit this afternoon seeking damages in excess of $1 billion," NBC News reported on Friday.
Sterling's legal action came after former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer reportedly agreed in principle with Shelly Sterling to buy the Clippers for $2 billion, making it the biggest sale in the history of the NBA.
"Ballmer negotiated the purchase with Sterling's wife, Shelly. ESPN reported Thursday that Shelly was granted the authority to sell the team after experts declared Donald mentally incapacitated," NBC News stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date