NBA News: Donald Sterling Plans To Sue NBA For $1 Billion
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is planning to sue the NBA for a whooping $1 billion after allegedly being forced to sell his basketball franchise, a source close to situation reported on Friday.
According to a report by NBC News, Sterling is planning to file his case asking the National Basketball Association to pay him roughly $1 billion in damages for being forced to relinquish control of the Clippers.
"Embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is planning to sue the league after he was forced to relinquish control of the team, NBC News has learned. A source close to Sterling says that he will file a lawsuit this afternoon seeking damages in excess of $1 billion," NBC News reported on Friday.
Sterling's legal action came after former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer reportedly agreed in principle with Shelly Sterling to buy the Clippers for $2 billion, making it the biggest sale in the history of the NBA.
"Ballmer negotiated the purchase with Sterling's wife, Shelly. ESPN reported Thursday that Shelly was granted the authority to sell the team after experts declared Donald mentally incapacitated," NBC News stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features