NBA News: Donald Sterling Plans To Sue NBA For $1 Billion
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is planning to sue the NBA for a whooping $1 billion after allegedly being forced to sell his basketball franchise, a source close to situation reported on Friday.
According to a report by NBC News, Sterling is planning to file his case asking the National Basketball Association to pay him roughly $1 billion in damages for being forced to relinquish control of the Clippers.
"Embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is planning to sue the league after he was forced to relinquish control of the team, NBC News has learned. A source close to Sterling says that he will file a lawsuit this afternoon seeking damages in excess of $1 billion," NBC News reported on Friday.
Sterling's legal action came after former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer reportedly agreed in principle with Shelly Sterling to buy the Clippers for $2 billion, making it the biggest sale in the history of the NBA.
"Ballmer negotiated the purchase with Sterling's wife, Shelly. ESPN reported Thursday that Shelly was granted the authority to sell the team after experts declared Donald mentally incapacitated," NBC News stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop