NBA News: Donald Sterling Plans To Sue NBA For $1 Billion
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is planning to sue the NBA for a whooping $1 billion after allegedly being forced to sell his basketball franchise, a source close to situation reported on Friday.
According to a report by NBC News, Sterling is planning to file his case asking the National Basketball Association to pay him roughly $1 billion in damages for being forced to relinquish control of the Clippers.
"Embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is planning to sue the league after he was forced to relinquish control of the team, NBC News has learned. A source close to Sterling says that he will file a lawsuit this afternoon seeking damages in excess of $1 billion," NBC News reported on Friday.
Sterling's legal action came after former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer reportedly agreed in principle with Shelly Sterling to buy the Clippers for $2 billion, making it the biggest sale in the history of the NBA.
"Ballmer negotiated the purchase with Sterling's wife, Shelly. ESPN reported Thursday that Shelly was granted the authority to sell the team after experts declared Donald mentally incapacitated," NBC News stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6