NBA News: Donald Sterling Plans To Sue NBA For $1 Billion
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is planning to sue the NBA for a whooping $1 billion after allegedly being forced to sell his basketball franchise, a source close to situation reported on Friday.
According to a report by NBC News, Sterling is planning to file his case asking the National Basketball Association to pay him roughly $1 billion in damages for being forced to relinquish control of the Clippers.
"Embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is planning to sue the league after he was forced to relinquish control of the team, NBC News has learned. A source close to Sterling says that he will file a lawsuit this afternoon seeking damages in excess of $1 billion," NBC News reported on Friday.
Sterling's legal action came after former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer reportedly agreed in principle with Shelly Sterling to buy the Clippers for $2 billion, making it the biggest sale in the history of the NBA.
"Ballmer negotiated the purchase with Sterling's wife, Shelly. ESPN reported Thursday that Shelly was granted the authority to sell the team after experts declared Donald mentally incapacitated," NBC News stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks