NBA News: Dwyane Wade Says LeBron James’ Free-Agency Not Depending Solely on Health
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:08 PM EST
Miami Heat shooting guard Dwyane Wade said there are several factors that could affect LeBron James' free-agency this summer, stressing it's unfair to make his health a deciding element in the four-time MVP's decision to stay or leave Miami.
Wade, who is having a vintage run after resting for most of the regular-season, said his health and ability to play at All-Star level isn't only the factor that LeBron would consider when it comes to impending free-agency.
"Just don't solely put it on me," Wade said, laughing. "That's what I'm saying. Don't put the X on me. ... There's a lot that goes into, so just don't say, 'If Dwyane Wade doesn't have the year that we're accustomed to, it's over."
The 10-time NBA All-Star also discussed his condition after going through 15 excruciating playoff games already, with the all-important Game 6 against the Indiana Pacers taking place Friday.
"The first round was me just kind of trying to get my footing a little bit, trying to do some of the things that I was capable of doing, trying to see if I could do it," Wade said in an interview with USA Today. "Then the second round came a little more and then the third round."
"Now I'm in the groove and the flow that I want to be in, and also understanding that the game of basketball is tricky. You can get out of it in a second, and you've got to figure out a way still to compete and help your teammates win."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Rafael Nadal Crowned as Most Popular Personality in Spain
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales