NBA News: Dwyane Wade Says LeBron James’ Free-Agency Not Depending Solely on Health
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:08 PM EST
Miami Heat shooting guard Dwyane Wade said there are several factors that could affect LeBron James' free-agency this summer, stressing it's unfair to make his health a deciding element in the four-time MVP's decision to stay or leave Miami.
Wade, who is having a vintage run after resting for most of the regular-season, said his health and ability to play at All-Star level isn't only the factor that LeBron would consider when it comes to impending free-agency.
"Just don't solely put it on me," Wade said, laughing. "That's what I'm saying. Don't put the X on me. ... There's a lot that goes into, so just don't say, 'If Dwyane Wade doesn't have the year that we're accustomed to, it's over."
The 10-time NBA All-Star also discussed his condition after going through 15 excruciating playoff games already, with the all-important Game 6 against the Indiana Pacers taking place Friday.
"The first round was me just kind of trying to get my footing a little bit, trying to do some of the things that I was capable of doing, trying to see if I could do it," Wade said in an interview with USA Today. "Then the second round came a little more and then the third round."
"Now I'm in the groove and the flow that I want to be in, and also understanding that the game of basketball is tricky. You can get out of it in a second, and you've got to figure out a way still to compete and help your teammates win."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’