MLB News: Yankees Interested in Kendrys Morales
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 31, 2014 2:08 PM EST
The New York Yankees could be now interested in signing free-agent slugger Kendrys Morales after seeing first baseman Mark Teixeira struggle again with injuries this season, a source close to situation reported on Thursday.
Fox Sports reported the Yankees might be poised to make some moves midway into the season with adding more insurance at the critical positions on the lineup becomes a priority.
Already missed majority of games last season, Teixeira's current season hasn't been the same as inflammation in his surgically repaired right wrist continues to bother him. With Tex limited, the Yankees had no solid backup options at first base, prompting the coaching staff to pull off unproven experiments.
"First baseman Mark Teixeira has missed the past three games due to inflammation in his surgically repaired right wrist. The Yankees lack a legitimate backup first baseman, and catcher Brian McCann made his first professional start at the position Wednesday night," Fox Sports reported.
According to a reliable source, the Yankees have indeed expressed interest in signing Morales, because of their urgent need of productive veteran at first base.
"Morales, who turns 31 on June 20, remains a free agent. In one week, once the first day of baseball's amateur draft is complete, a team can sign him without losing a high pick. The Yankees are among the teams with potential interest, according to major-league sources," Fox Sports reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier