'Mortal Kombat 10' Release Date: Twitter and Reddit Leak
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 31, 2014 1:11 PM EST
"Mortal Kombat 10" release date is coming soon. At least, that is what fans speculate after the two big events appear to scream that the game is indeed coming soon.
Thanks to Ed Boon's cryptic Twitter countdown, fans were led to anticipate some news from Warner Interactive. With one look at Boon's updated Twitter display photo, anybody can conclude that "Mortal Kombat 10" is coming.
Moreover, the logo is particularly significant in the light of another leak that appeared on /r/XboxOne subreddit, where the user ItsHappening24 posted an image of what appears to be a promotional poster for the "Mortal Kombat 10."
The OP revealed that the "Mortal Kombat 10" release poster is obtained from the retail environment where the tipster works. The depiction of the shattered spine is indeed a fittingly gruesome poster for the "Mortal Kombat 10."
On the other hand, Boon's Twitter countdown ends on June 2, so announcements are expected to come then. However, it must be noted that there is always the possibility that this is not for the "Mortal Kombat 10" and could be a mash-up style game like the Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. But then again, it appears that fans will be getting a dose of Mortal Kombat in the near future.
If the aforementioned predictions will turn out accurate, the "Mortal Kombat 10" release would represent a bit of resurgence of the 90s era fighter. Killer Instinct has been well-received among critics and fans and it is prepping for the second season, which is complete with a boost to the current rooster. Killer Instinct might be a good influence for the release of the "Mortal Kombat 10" because the free-to-play model is a key factor to its success.
When the much-anticipated fighting game will be released, fans are sure to have a pretty strong attachment to their favourite fighters from the "Mortal Kombat 10" and a free game means that will be hugely popular across all consoles. Also, a handful of fans might be willing to shell out for Sub Zero or Scorpion at $5 a pop.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health