Xiaomi Mi3, Mi Pad, Hongmi Now Available on Xiaomi Store Australia: Specs, Bargain Price, Release Date
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 31, 2014 1:06 PM EST
Xiaomi, also known as 'Apple of China', has been making some terrific devices and look-alike products of Apple. The unique selling point is that the handsets are relatively inexpensive but packed with features. Xiaomi is expected to give tough competition to top Android device makers like Samsung, Sony and LG.
As Gizmodo points out, the new 'Xiaomi Store' offers Australian warranty to the devices purchased from them. It is worth noting that, interested buyers can still purchase Xiaomi devices from e-commerce sites like eBay, but there will be no Australian warranty. Hence, buying the product from this dedicated store helps in getting the country specific warranty for the handset.
In addition, the store will also offer several customized services for Australian buyers. This service can be availed by purchasing any of Xiaomi's Android smartphones or its new Mi Pad tablets.
Killer Specs and Price
1. The 'Xiaomi Mi3' is priced at AU$455 in Xiaomi Store.
Quick Specs: 5 inches display, 1,080 x 1,920 pixels resolution, Android v4.2.1 (Jelly Bean), quad-core 2.3 GHz (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800) Krait 400 processor, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB and 32 GB internal storage, no microSD card slot, 13 MP rear-facing camera and 2 MP front-facing camera, and a non-removable Li-Ion 3050 mAh battery.
2. The 'Xiaomi Hongmi (Red Rice)' smartphone can be purchased at AU$255.00.
Quick Specs: 4.7 inches display, 720 x 1,280 pixels resolution, Android v4.2 (Jelly Bean), quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A7 (Mediatek) processor, 1 GB RAM, 4 GB internal storage, microSD card support (up to 32 GB), 8 MP rear-facing camera and 1.3 MP front-facing camera, and a Li-Po 2000 mAh battery.
3. The 'Apple iPad Mini' knockoff 'Xiaomi Mi Pad' is now available for pre-order in the same store. And the tablet is priced at AU$399. The expected release date according to the same site is June 16, 2014.
Quick Specs: 7.9 inches display, 1,536 x 2,048 pixels resolution, Android OS, quad-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A15 (Nvidia Tegra K1) processor, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB and 64 GB internal storage, microSD card support (up to 128 GB), 8 MP rear-facing camera and 5 MP front-facing camera, and a Li-Po 6700 mAh battery.
Interested readers can check out the new Xiomi store by clicking here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight