Confirmed Specs of Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, Samsung Galaxy S5 Blue Spotted
By Precious Silva | May 31, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Samsung has been known for putting out multiple variants of its flagship devices. It should come as no surprise if reports about a "Prime" version of its flagship Galaxy S5 started surfacing. According to reports, the Korean tech giant has been gearing up for the release of a more luxurious handset than the original version. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active under AT&T has been released so it should be a matter of time before the S5 comes out.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
One of the first sightings of the S5 Prime device is through Amazon's website. Under the Spigen case, the Samsung Galaxy S5 along with the S5 Prime edition were listed as a working order. Even at present, people can still look for a Spigen Strong-Flex case and Galaxy S5 Prime. Colors available include Metal Slate and Capsule Metal Slate. Samsung has not confirmed about the metal build of the handset but there have been a number of metal cases advertised for the handset. Industry observers believe this should be a good indication of what is to come.
Another sighting of the device came from an Indian site listing a device with model number SM-G906S. According to the description listed under April 16, Zauba Indian import-export site received "SM-G906K Kor_KTC Samsung Mobile Phone Set (For R&D Purpose)." More importantly, AnTuTu benchmark has also listed the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime device.
According to AnTutu's description, the device features a 5.2-inch screen offering Quad HD (QHD) technology plus 2560 x 1440 screen resolution. The device also runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat including a 2.5Ghz quad-core Qualcomm processor and Adreno 420 GPU. Primary camera shoots at 15MP capable or recording HD videos. The front camera shoots at 2MP. Well-known tipsters @Evleaks has also hinted about the release of the Prime edition. According to @Evleaks's tweet: "Samsung SM-G906, the 'Galaxy S5 Prime' for Korea, to come in five colors: black, white, gold, blue, and sweet pink."
AnTuTu and @Evleaks are both known to be reliable sources of upcoming tech devices. No handset shows up on AnTuTu unless it will hit the market soon. Samsung has yet to make an official announcement about the device. Droid Life and @Evleaks have also reported about a blue Galaxy S5. The device sports a Verizon logo on it. Verizon has not made official announcements but similar to other tips from @Evleaks, the announcement should come soon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report