Jamie Lynn Spears, Called 'Bad Parent' for Posting Video of Daughter Maddie Briann Dancing to Iggy Azalaea's 'Fancy'
By Annie Dee | May 31, 2014 10:24 AM EST
It is not new for Jamie Lynn Spears, sister of hot pop icon, Britney Spears to post pictures and videos of her daughter, Maddie Briann on Instagram and all her other social media accounts. In fact, ever since Maddie was born, Jamie cannot help but post pictures and videos of them goofing around or Maddie showing off a new skill. However, her new post of Maddie Briann, now 5-years old, dancing suggestively to Iggy Azalea's hit, "Fancy," drew flak on her parenting skills. While many of her followers found Maddie prancing around cute, there are also those who are criticizing Jamie Lynn for not having a better judgement, Mail Online UK reports.
Singer Jamie Lynn Spears arrives at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014.
According to Mail Online UK, Jamie Lynn Spears is now being called a bad parent for allowing her daughter to listen to Iggy's rap music containing suggestive and mature lyrics, she even went ahead and posted the video of her baby dancing suggestively to the song.
While Jamie Lynn said she is a "proud mom" because Maddie Briann is putting on a performance for her, Radar Online reports that clinical psychologist and Columbia University professor Dr. Judy Kuriansky was far from proud of what Jamie Lynn did. For the psychologist, Maddie Briann "shaking her hips and pumping her chest" is far more alarming than impressive.
The psychologist shared to Radar Online, "This video is totally inappropriate, Maddie is way too young to be exposed to that type of music." The psychologist is also worried that Maddie might think this is a good behavior to demonstrate in front of others. Because the song contains scandalous lyrics about "getting about getting drunk, men wanting to touch and bite the hip hop star's rear end and making sure the world knows she is a 'bad b***h'" should not enter a child's consciousness. Young Maddie might even repeat the same swear words to her schoolmates, the psychologist warned.
"Five-year-old children don't have the cognitive development to know what is socially appropriate. She will think this behavior is normal," the psychologist added. The expert also thinks Jamie is channelling her own wild childhood to Maddie. Jamie was only 17 when she had Maddie, so she "could be subconsciously repeating unhealthy family patterns" by being this lenient on Maddie.
The psychologist also claimed that Jamie should choose to be like other young mothers who say, "I acted this way because of what I was exposed to, and I will not do this to my child." However, with this video, the psychologist is sure that Jamie is "not breaking the cycle." After all, "Jamie Lynn grew up with a superstar sister and a world of sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll," the expert surmised.
Ironically, just a week ago, a young girl and her father enjoying and lip synching the same Iggy Azalea's hit went viral, where many claimed it was cute and funny.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change