Jennifer Lawrence Claims Shailene Woodley 'Stealing the Spotlight'
By Annie Dee | May 31, 2014 10:19 AM EST
Everyone thinks Jennifer Lawrence and Shailene Woodley are great friends, despite being two of the hottest young stars around boasting a YA blockbuster franchise. Everyone was enamored with the story of Jennifer Lawrence giving young Shailene Woodley career advice and being one of the main reasons why Shailene agreed to accept the Divergent project. However, Celebrity Dirty Laundry is now reporting that Jennifer Lawrence is angry at Shailene for usurping her spotlight.
Actress Shailene Woodley arrives for a 20th Century Fox presentation of "The Fault in Our Stars" during CinemaCon, the official convention of the National Association of Theatre Owners, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada March 27, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Citing In Touch magazine, the notorious gossip site claimed that Jennifer Lawrence felt weird seeing Shailene also auditioning for all the same roles as her. Jennifer felt even more agitated when Shailene also sported a pixie cut just like she did. According to In Touch magazine, Jennifer Lawrence gave Shailene great advice a few years back, but this turned Shailene into an actress overly determined to be on the top, which bothers Jennifer Lawrence.
"A few years ago, Jennifer gave her career advice, and ever since then, Shailene's been obsessed," says the source.
It can be remembered that Shailene once shared to Teen Vogue how Jennifer Lawrence helped her decide on the Divergent project being offered to her:
"I said no to the role at first, and everybody was shocked. I asked Jennifer Lawrence, 'Are you happy with your choice to take on 'The Hunger Games?' And she said she wouldn't change it for the world. She told me, 'There are some things - don't make a sex tape, don't do drugs, don't do things in public - that you wouldn't want other people judging you for. But this is the best decision you'll ever make."
Shailene Woodley is often pitted against Jennifer Lawrence because of the sameness in their career path. Jennifer Lawrence launched "The Hunger Games" franchise two years ago, transforming from a just cute face to someone everyone knows and rooting for in such a short span of time. Woodley launched "Divergent" just months ago and transformed accordingly. Both of them have several acting roles before their rise to fame, but nothing changed them more than participating in their respective YA franchise. After their roles, Jennifer Lawrence proceeded to won many awards, and her films outside the franchise were all successful. Shailene Woodley's upcoming movie "The Fault in Our Stars" is highly anticipated.
However, the reason why Shailene Woodley decided to cut her long tresses to sport a pixie cut may not be what Jennifer is alledgely thinking. Shailene is not thinking of copying anyone when she did it. According to In Style magazine, Shailene did it for a noble cause. She donated her hair to the oganization, "Children with Hair Loss", which creates wigs for children needing to. She also did not stop at donating her strands. She also partnered with the group to start a Hair for Hazel Campaign, which urges young women to donate their strands. Thousand of girls have since then followed suit.
For Woodley, her cropped 'do helped her more than it helped the kids she donated it to.
"When I finally realized I have to live life for myself and not for anyone else is when I started being more generous and kind and grateful. I was able to give back more," she says. "Doing the right thing always makes you feel good, and it's contagious."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Update: Laurina Talks About Her Exit, Jessica’s Acting Background Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1