Selena Gomez Happy with Children in Nepal After Grandfather Confirms Lupus Struggle
By Sonalee singh | May 31, 2014 10:19 AM EST
Selena Gomez finally found her peace. The "Come And Get It" Singer who was reportedly having trouble eating and sleeping post her break-up with Justin Bieber, was all smiles during her recent UNICEF trip to Nepal.
Gomez is reported to have spent time with kids in the classroom and see how they learn and play on a day-to-day basis. Gomez was in a Nepal for three days and she indeed had a great time amidst the culture of Nepal, reported Hollywoodlife.
"During her trip, Selena witnessed firsthand the impact of UNICEF's programs that help children survive and develop. She received an in-depth look at the organization's work focused on education, nutrition, health and protection," the organization told HollywoodLife.com in a statement.
Selena Gomez has been the ambassador for UNICEF youth since 2009 and she has taken part in various events to shed light on the difficulties these children have gone through.
UNICEF aims to rebuild life of these kids so that they can move towards a brighter future. Gomez is understood to be a strong supporter of the cause. The 21 -year old even went ahead and shared a candid picture of hers in a bikini at the beach in Nepal.
"Taking my power back.. can't wait to show you where I've been. I love y'all. Ps, I still obsess over pickles," she captioned the photo of her smiling on the beach in a sexy bikini.
Meanwhile, Gomez's grandfather has confirmed that she is undergoing a treatment for Lupus. According to her grandfather the rocky relationship with Bieber, has intensified the disease.
"What worries (us) more is that she doesn't know how to say no. She won't take time for herself to relax, to eat well. He (Justin Bieber) was just a nice little fella. Totally different from what he is right now. ... It just makes me feel upset because he used to be a real nice boy," Gomez's grandfather told Radar Online.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks