Press Shots Confirm Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.0 and 10.1 LTE Variants: What to Expect
By Precious Silva | May 31, 2014 4:31 AM EST
Verizon will be releasing a series of Samsung tablets. According to the recent information, the company will soon be offering Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE variants. There were also leaked pres shots supporting claims that Verizon is ready to release any time soon.
File photo of a man picking up an accessory part that is compatible with Samsung Electronics' smartphones in Seoul
Samsung introduced its Galaxy Tab 4 series last April. The lineup features three slates including Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, 8.0, and 10.1.The tablets came with a thin and light build plus an affordable price tag. Following its release, it appears Verizon has taken an interest over the lineup. According to reports, the company has been preparing two LTE variants from the series specifically Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE and Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 LTE.
The Verizon tip was also supported by information from notorious tipster @evleaks. As part the tipster's 500th leak, @evleaks provided press images of the upcoming tablets from Verizon. As mentioned, the company has been preparing Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE and Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 LTE variants. However, there are no details as to when the market can expect the carrier to release the slates. The images show that the slates have been imprinted with Verizon's logo. It should not be long before they hit stores.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 LTE will come with a 10.1-inch display offering 1280 x 800 resolution and pixel density at 149ppi. The device will run on a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor complete with 1.5GB RAM. Other reported features include 16GB internal memory, microSD expandable up to 64GB, 3MP primary camera, 1.3MP front camera, Samsung TouchWiz UX, 6,800 mAh battery and Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
The Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE, on other hand, will feature 8-inch display offering 1280 x 800 resolution and pixel density at 189ppi. It will also run on a 1.2GHz quad-core processor complete with 1.5GB RAM. It will have the same memory and camera configurations although the Tab 8.0 series will feature a 4,450 mAh battery instead.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family