Xiaomi Mi4 Release Roundup: 5.5-inch Android, Snapdragon 800 Processor and More
By Precious Silva | May 31, 2014 3:26 AM EST
Xiaomi released its Mi3 handset last December but it appears another reported flagship from the company has been making headlines. The Xiaomi Mi4 has been making waves especially since a concept of the phone came out. According to the design, the Xiaomi Mi4 will measure around 5mm thick, feature a 5.5-inch screen and run a Snapdragon 800 processor. Can Xiaomi deliver a contender?
The design concept for the upcoming handset came from Aitor Amigo. According to a report by Concept Phones, the same designer has released a concept for the iPhone 6 making rounds over the internet. According to the design concept, the Xiaomi Mi4 may be record breaker and become the slimmest smartphone of its kind if the idea pushes through. The front of the handset features 80% of the display. The large display should be enough to attract a range of people including the market that has patronized phablets like the Samsung Galaxy Note and Sony Xperia series.
Amigo has also included more detailed features to his render. For instance, the designer specified components such as a 5.5-inch S-IPIS 1440p display, 1.7GHz Snapdragon 810 processor, 32/128GB internal storage and 4GB RAM. The device also comes with a 13MP primary camera and 8MP front camera. It runs on a 3200mAh battery complete with a USB 3.1 type C port.
The render also features Android 5.0. It comes with an aluminum build plus 4 speakers. The device weighs around 110g. According to Apple's co-founder Steve Wozniak, Xiamoi can be a contender in the American market. Wozniak said the company makes phones that are "good enough" for the US market. "Xiaomi has excellent products. They're good enough to break the American market," said Wozniak according to CNET.
Xiaomi has yet provided final details about the upcoming flagship. Apple, on other hand, is slated to release the iPhone 6 this September. According to reports, the tech giant will release two versions of the iPhone 6: a 4.7-inch version and 5.5-inch edition.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects