Paternity Petition Filed Against Indiana Pacers’ Paul George
By James Patrick Quizon | May 30, 2014 11:53 PM EST
Paul George did a pretty good job on-court against the Miami Heat in Game 5 to give his Indiana Pacers a lease on life in the Eastern Conference Finals. The 24-year-old budding star faces another challenge after a paternity petition has been filed by ex-girlfriend Daniela Rajic in a Manhattan Supreme Court.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers forward Paul George (24) goes up for a shot past Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) during the second quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
“Congratulations for doing a good job (Wednesday) night,” Rajic’s lawyer, Raoul Felder said to the New York Daily News. “Hopefully, he steps up here as well.”
Rajic is a former stripper from, of all places, Miami and has petitioned the N.Y. court to rule that the Pacers forward is the father of her daughter, 4-week-old, Olivia.
According to the same article a “private paternity test has already affirmed the result” confirming that George is indeed the father. He also has “voluntarily paid for Rajic’s medical bills, among other things” and has already met the baby according to the lawyer.
“As Paul has said all along, if and when the legal process confirms that the baby is his, he will fully embrace his responsibilities as a father and provide emotional and financial support to the child.” stated by an official representative from George’s camp. “The process has been amicable and we hope it will continue to be until this issue is clarified.”
George finished with 37 points last Wednesday and willed his team to the victory to force a Game 6 set on Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase