Paternity Petition Filed Against Indiana Pacers’ Paul George
By James Patrick Quizon | May 30, 2014 11:53 PM EST
Paul George did a pretty good job on-court against the Miami Heat in Game 5 to give his Indiana Pacers a lease on life in the Eastern Conference Finals. The 24-year-old budding star faces another challenge after a paternity petition has been filed by ex-girlfriend Daniela Rajic in a Manhattan Supreme Court.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers forward Paul George (24) goes up for a shot past Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) during the second quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
“Congratulations for doing a good job (Wednesday) night,” Rajic’s lawyer, Raoul Felder said to the New York Daily News. “Hopefully, he steps up here as well.”
Rajic is a former stripper from, of all places, Miami and has petitioned the N.Y. court to rule that the Pacers forward is the father of her daughter, 4-week-old, Olivia.
According to the same article a “private paternity test has already affirmed the result” confirming that George is indeed the father. He also has “voluntarily paid for Rajic’s medical bills, among other things” and has already met the baby according to the lawyer.
“As Paul has said all along, if and when the legal process confirms that the baby is his, he will fully embrace his responsibilities as a father and provide emotional and financial support to the child.” stated by an official representative from George’s camp. “The process has been amicable and we hope it will continue to be until this issue is clarified.”
George finished with 37 points last Wednesday and willed his team to the victory to force a Game 6 set on Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide