Paternity Petition Filed Against Indiana Pacers’ Paul George
By James Patrick Quizon | May 30, 2014 11:53 PM EST
Paul George did a pretty good job on-court against the Miami Heat in Game 5 to give his Indiana Pacers a lease on life in the Eastern Conference Finals. The 24-year-old budding star faces another challenge after a paternity petition has been filed by ex-girlfriend Daniela Rajic in a Manhattan Supreme Court.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers forward Paul George (24) goes up for a shot past Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) during the second quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
“Congratulations for doing a good job (Wednesday) night,” Rajic’s lawyer, Raoul Felder said to the New York Daily News. “Hopefully, he steps up here as well.”
Rajic is a former stripper from, of all places, Miami and has petitioned the N.Y. court to rule that the Pacers forward is the father of her daughter, 4-week-old, Olivia.
According to the same article a “private paternity test has already affirmed the result” confirming that George is indeed the father. He also has “voluntarily paid for Rajic’s medical bills, among other things” and has already met the baby according to the lawyer.
“As Paul has said all along, if and when the legal process confirms that the baby is his, he will fully embrace his responsibilities as a father and provide emotional and financial support to the child.” stated by an official representative from George’s camp. “The process has been amicable and we hope it will continue to be until this issue is clarified.”
George finished with 37 points last Wednesday and willed his team to the victory to force a Game 6 set on Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]