Paternity Petition Filed Against Indiana Pacers’ Paul George
By James Patrick Quizon | May 30, 2014 11:53 PM EST
Paul George did a pretty good job on-court against the Miami Heat in Game 5 to give his Indiana Pacers a lease on life in the Eastern Conference Finals. The 24-year-old budding star faces another challenge after a paternity petition has been filed by ex-girlfriend Daniela Rajic in a Manhattan Supreme Court.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers forward Paul George (24) goes up for a shot past Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) during the second quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
“Congratulations for doing a good job (Wednesday) night,” Rajic’s lawyer, Raoul Felder said to the New York Daily News. “Hopefully, he steps up here as well.”
Rajic is a former stripper from, of all places, Miami and has petitioned the N.Y. court to rule that the Pacers forward is the father of her daughter, 4-week-old, Olivia.
According to the same article a “private paternity test has already affirmed the result” confirming that George is indeed the father. He also has “voluntarily paid for Rajic’s medical bills, among other things” and has already met the baby according to the lawyer.
“As Paul has said all along, if and when the legal process confirms that the baby is his, he will fully embrace his responsibilities as a father and provide emotional and financial support to the child.” stated by an official representative from George’s camp. “The process has been amicable and we hope it will continue to be until this issue is clarified.”
George finished with 37 points last Wednesday and willed his team to the victory to force a Game 6 set on Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown