Paternity Petition Filed Against Indiana Pacers’ Paul George
By James Patrick Quizon | May 30, 2014 11:53 PM EST
Paul George did a pretty good job on-court against the Miami Heat in Game 5 to give his Indiana Pacers a lease on life in the Eastern Conference Finals. The 24-year-old budding star faces another challenge after a paternity petition has been filed by ex-girlfriend Daniela Rajic in a Manhattan Supreme Court.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers forward Paul George (24) goes up for a shot past Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) during the second quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
“Congratulations for doing a good job (Wednesday) night,” Rajic’s lawyer, Raoul Felder said to the New York Daily News. “Hopefully, he steps up here as well.”
Rajic is a former stripper from, of all places, Miami and has petitioned the N.Y. court to rule that the Pacers forward is the father of her daughter, 4-week-old, Olivia.
According to the same article a “private paternity test has already affirmed the result” confirming that George is indeed the father. He also has “voluntarily paid for Rajic’s medical bills, among other things” and has already met the baby according to the lawyer.
“As Paul has said all along, if and when the legal process confirms that the baby is his, he will fully embrace his responsibilities as a father and provide emotional and financial support to the child.” stated by an official representative from George’s camp. “The process has been amicable and we hope it will continue to be until this issue is clarified.”
George finished with 37 points last Wednesday and willed his team to the victory to force a Game 6 set on Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity