FIFA World Cup 2014 Winner Prediction: Goldman Sachs Reveal Who Could Win the Tournament; Argentina and Brazil Most Likely to Meet in Finals
By jaskiran kaur | May 30, 2014 10:27 PM EST
Experts at America's investment banking firm Goldman Sachs have predicted the outcome of FIFA World Cup 2014. According to them, the host of the much awaited sports event of the year will win the game. Predictions based on teams' past record suggest Brazil and Argentina will meet in the finals for the final match. Read on to find out who wins the biggest football event and other details about the tournament.
According to the report, the home team Brazil is most likely to win FIFA 2014. The team will defeat Argentina with 3-1 score in the finals of 2014 World Cup. Contest for Germany and Spain will come to an end in the semifinals. Meanwhile, England will bring an end to its game by finishing third in group D.
Experts at Goldman Sachs reportedly analysed each team's history, world cup performances and overall characteristics. Basing their study on all these factors, the report reveals Brazil is hot favourite with 48.5% chance of claiming the victory. Meanwhile, Argentina team has 14.1% probability and Germany holds 11.4% probability of winning the tournament.
Experts at Goldman have also presented World Cup Dream Team in their report. The team of 11 is based on 1700 votes. FIFA World Cup 2014 dream team includes: Sergio Ramos and Andres Iniesta from Spain, Cristiano Ronaldo from Portugal, Neymer, Dani Alves and Thiago Silva from Brazil, Lionel Messi from Argentina, Eden Hazard from Belgium, Philip Lahm and Manuel Neuer from Germany and Franck Ribery from France.
20th FIFA World Cup begins on June 12 and ends on July 13. Participating in the tournament are teams of 31 nations along with Brazil. A total of 64 matches will take place in 12 cities of Brazil. If Brazil wins this world cup, it will be its sixth win with most number of FIFA World Cup titles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS