FIFA World Cup 2014 Winner Prediction: Goldman Sachs Reveal Who Could Win the Tournament; Argentina and Brazil Most Likely to Meet in Finals
By jaskiran kaur | May 30, 2014 10:27 PM EST
Experts at America's investment banking firm Goldman Sachs have predicted the outcome of FIFA World Cup 2014. According to them, the host of the much awaited sports event of the year will win the game. Predictions based on teams' past record suggest Brazil and Argentina will meet in the finals for the final match. Read on to find out who wins the biggest football event and other details about the tournament.
According to the report, the home team Brazil is most likely to win FIFA 2014. The team will defeat Argentina with 3-1 score in the finals of 2014 World Cup. Contest for Germany and Spain will come to an end in the semifinals. Meanwhile, England will bring an end to its game by finishing third in group D.
Experts at Goldman Sachs reportedly analysed each team's history, world cup performances and overall characteristics. Basing their study on all these factors, the report reveals Brazil is hot favourite with 48.5% chance of claiming the victory. Meanwhile, Argentina team has 14.1% probability and Germany holds 11.4% probability of winning the tournament.
Experts at Goldman have also presented World Cup Dream Team in their report. The team of 11 is based on 1700 votes. FIFA World Cup 2014 dream team includes: Sergio Ramos and Andres Iniesta from Spain, Cristiano Ronaldo from Portugal, Neymer, Dani Alves and Thiago Silva from Brazil, Lionel Messi from Argentina, Eden Hazard from Belgium, Philip Lahm and Manuel Neuer from Germany and Franck Ribery from France.
20th FIFA World Cup begins on June 12 and ends on July 13. Participating in the tournament are teams of 31 nations along with Brazil. A total of 64 matches will take place in 12 cities of Brazil. If Brazil wins this world cup, it will be its sixth win with most number of FIFA World Cup titles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6