FIFA World Cup 2014 Winner Prediction: Goldman Sachs Reveal Who Could Win the Tournament; Argentina and Brazil Most Likely to Meet in Finals
By jaskiran kaur | May 30, 2014 10:27 PM EST
Experts at America's investment banking firm Goldman Sachs have predicted the outcome of FIFA World Cup 2014. According to them, the host of the much awaited sports event of the year will win the game. Predictions based on teams' past record suggest Brazil and Argentina will meet in the finals for the final match. Read on to find out who wins the biggest football event and other details about the tournament.
According to the report, the home team Brazil is most likely to win FIFA 2014. The team will defeat Argentina with 3-1 score in the finals of 2014 World Cup. Contest for Germany and Spain will come to an end in the semifinals. Meanwhile, England will bring an end to its game by finishing third in group D.
Experts at Goldman Sachs reportedly analysed each team's history, world cup performances and overall characteristics. Basing their study on all these factors, the report reveals Brazil is hot favourite with 48.5% chance of claiming the victory. Meanwhile, Argentina team has 14.1% probability and Germany holds 11.4% probability of winning the tournament.
Experts at Goldman have also presented World Cup Dream Team in their report. The team of 11 is based on 1700 votes. FIFA World Cup 2014 dream team includes: Sergio Ramos and Andres Iniesta from Spain, Cristiano Ronaldo from Portugal, Neymer, Dani Alves and Thiago Silva from Brazil, Lionel Messi from Argentina, Eden Hazard from Belgium, Philip Lahm and Manuel Neuer from Germany and Franck Ribery from France.
20th FIFA World Cup begins on June 12 and ends on July 13. Participating in the tournament are teams of 31 nations along with Brazil. A total of 64 matches will take place in 12 cities of Brazil. If Brazil wins this world cup, it will be its sixth win with most number of FIFA World Cup titles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28