FIFA World Cup 2014 Winner Prediction: Goldman Sachs Reveal Who Could Win the Tournament; Argentina and Brazil Most Likely to Meet in Finals
By jaskiran kaur | May 30, 2014 10:27 PM EST
Experts at America's investment banking firm Goldman Sachs have predicted the outcome of FIFA World Cup 2014. According to them, the host of the much awaited sports event of the year will win the game. Predictions based on teams' past record suggest Brazil and Argentina will meet in the finals for the final match. Read on to find out who wins the biggest football event and other details about the tournament.
According to the report, the home team Brazil is most likely to win FIFA 2014. The team will defeat Argentina with 3-1 score in the finals of 2014 World Cup. Contest for Germany and Spain will come to an end in the semifinals. Meanwhile, England will bring an end to its game by finishing third in group D.
Experts at Goldman Sachs reportedly analysed each team's history, world cup performances and overall characteristics. Basing their study on all these factors, the report reveals Brazil is hot favourite with 48.5% chance of claiming the victory. Meanwhile, Argentina team has 14.1% probability and Germany holds 11.4% probability of winning the tournament.
Experts at Goldman have also presented World Cup Dream Team in their report. The team of 11 is based on 1700 votes. FIFA World Cup 2014 dream team includes: Sergio Ramos and Andres Iniesta from Spain, Cristiano Ronaldo from Portugal, Neymer, Dani Alves and Thiago Silva from Brazil, Lionel Messi from Argentina, Eden Hazard from Belgium, Philip Lahm and Manuel Neuer from Germany and Franck Ribery from France.
20th FIFA World Cup begins on June 12 and ends on July 13. Participating in the tournament are teams of 31 nations along with Brazil. A total of 64 matches will take place in 12 cities of Brazil. If Brazil wins this world cup, it will be its sixth win with most number of FIFA World Cup titles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate