Ghost Set to Replace Papa Emeritus II Again
By Tarun Mazumdar | May 30, 2014 10:04 PM EST
Mysterious metal band Ghost are set to replace frontman Papa Emeritus II. One of the Nameless Ghouls of the band stated that the "a**hole" singer has not been working out for them and they are thinking a collaboration with Conchita Wurst, a Eurovision Song Contest winner.
The first frontman Papa Emeritus was replaced by Papa Emeritus II before the release of second album - "Infestissumam" last year, reported by Metal Hammer. However, many believed that the same person continued under a new band.
"There will definitely be a third; we're looking into the options right now. We're trying to work out who's the best candidate," said a band member to TeamRock.
The unidentified member mentioned that Number II is not fit and they are looking for someone with a different approach. The main thing is that the frontman has to be an entertainer.
The Nameless Ghoul also informed that they have been working on their next studio project.
"We have some track title figures out, and we know the album title too, as well as thematically where we're heading."
Ghost will continue to make murky covers as they have become their 'schtick.'
"Expect some more obscure covers - obviously that's become part of our schtick. We've decided which ones already too.
Ghost played at Sonisphere festival (the Finnish edition) in Helsinki along with Slayer, Metallica, Danzig, Gojira and Mastodon.
Ghost also performed live ritual in New York City. According to Graham 'Gruhamed' Hartmann of Loudwire, the band belted out creepy covers of "Here Comes the Sun" by Beatles and "If You Have Ghosts" by Roky Erickson.
Ghost opened their set with "Per Aspera Ad Inferi" from "Infestissumam." They played seven songs from both "Opus Eponymous" and "Infestissumam."
At the New York City gig, Papa Emeritus II invited the audience to sing the unholy mantra - "Belial, Behemoth, Beelzebub, Asmodeus, Satanas, Lucifer."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best