Ghost Set to Replace Papa Emeritus II Again
By Tarun Mazumdar | May 30, 2014 10:04 PM EST
Mysterious metal band Ghost are set to replace frontman Papa Emeritus II. One of the Nameless Ghouls of the band stated that the "a**hole" singer has not been working out for them and they are thinking a collaboration with Conchita Wurst, a Eurovision Song Contest winner.
The first frontman Papa Emeritus was replaced by Papa Emeritus II before the release of second album - "Infestissumam" last year, reported by Metal Hammer. However, many believed that the same person continued under a new band.
"There will definitely be a third; we're looking into the options right now. We're trying to work out who's the best candidate," said a band member to TeamRock.
The unidentified member mentioned that Number II is not fit and they are looking for someone with a different approach. The main thing is that the frontman has to be an entertainer.
The Nameless Ghoul also informed that they have been working on their next studio project.
"We have some track title figures out, and we know the album title too, as well as thematically where we're heading."
Ghost will continue to make murky covers as they have become their 'schtick.'
"Expect some more obscure covers - obviously that's become part of our schtick. We've decided which ones already too.
Ghost played at Sonisphere festival (the Finnish edition) in Helsinki along with Slayer, Metallica, Danzig, Gojira and Mastodon.
Ghost also performed live ritual in New York City. According to Graham 'Gruhamed' Hartmann of Loudwire, the band belted out creepy covers of "Here Comes the Sun" by Beatles and "If You Have Ghosts" by Roky Erickson.
Ghost opened their set with "Per Aspera Ad Inferi" from "Infestissumam." They played seven songs from both "Opus Eponymous" and "Infestissumam."
At the New York City gig, Papa Emeritus II invited the audience to sing the unholy mantra - "Belial, Behemoth, Beelzebub, Asmodeus, Satanas, Lucifer."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health