Ghost Set to Replace Papa Emeritus II Again
By Tarun Mazumdar | May 30, 2014 10:04 PM EST
Mysterious metal band Ghost are set to replace frontman Papa Emeritus II. One of the Nameless Ghouls of the band stated that the "a**hole" singer has not been working out for them and they are thinking a collaboration with Conchita Wurst, a Eurovision Song Contest winner.
The first frontman Papa Emeritus was replaced by Papa Emeritus II before the release of second album - "Infestissumam" last year, reported by Metal Hammer. However, many believed that the same person continued under a new band.
"There will definitely be a third; we're looking into the options right now. We're trying to work out who's the best candidate," said a band member to TeamRock.
The unidentified member mentioned that Number II is not fit and they are looking for someone with a different approach. The main thing is that the frontman has to be an entertainer.
The Nameless Ghoul also informed that they have been working on their next studio project.
"We have some track title figures out, and we know the album title too, as well as thematically where we're heading."
Ghost will continue to make murky covers as they have become their 'schtick.'
"Expect some more obscure covers - obviously that's become part of our schtick. We've decided which ones already too.
Ghost played at Sonisphere festival (the Finnish edition) in Helsinki along with Slayer, Metallica, Danzig, Gojira and Mastodon.
Ghost also performed live ritual in New York City. According to Graham 'Gruhamed' Hartmann of Loudwire, the band belted out creepy covers of "Here Comes the Sun" by Beatles and "If You Have Ghosts" by Roky Erickson.
Ghost opened their set with "Per Aspera Ad Inferi" from "Infestissumam." They played seven songs from both "Opus Eponymous" and "Infestissumam."
At the New York City gig, Papa Emeritus II invited the audience to sing the unholy mantra - "Belial, Behemoth, Beelzebub, Asmodeus, Satanas, Lucifer."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’