National Teams Make Preparations for The 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil
May 30, 2014 10:02 PM EST
National Teams Make Preparations For The 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil
With the domestic leagues and continental competitions out of the way, all eyes are on the 2014 FIFA World Cup Finals in Brazil which kicks off on June 12. National team players who have been selected have come home to participate in training sessions and international friendly matches.
The Spanish national team, who will be coming into the World Cup as defending champions, is already deep in training at the Soccer City sports camp in Las Rozas de Madrid which is normally used by newly crowned UEFA Champions League winners, Real Madrid. Injured striker Diego Costa of losing Champions League finalists, Atlético Madrid will need to spend the time available to recover and gain his strength back after suffering a hamstring injury in the closing stages of the season. He will be elbowing for a spot against "La Furia Roja" veterans Fernando Torres and David Villa.
Meanwhile, Tunisia was hosted by South Korea on May 28 for a friendly warm-up match at Seoul's World Cup stadium ahead of the send-off for both teams. Tunisia won the match 1-0.
2006 World Cup Champions, Italy are also deep in training in the Italian countryside with their chosen venue being the Coverciano Training Centre in Florence.
South American teams are always heavily favoured when the cup is played in their continent and aside from Brazil, Argentina is a heavy conteder. FC Barcelona star Lionel Messi has rejoined his teammates and are now training under National Coach Alejandro Sabella in Buenos Aires. Messi is joined by Napoli's Gonzalo Higuain and Manchester City's Sergio Aguero.
Belgian players find themselves in Stockolm, Sweden where they are holding their training sessions before jetting off to the other side of the globe. France has chosen Clairefontaine, near Paris to be the venue for their World Cup preparations.
While others are still in training, Colombia and Japan have already completed their send-off ceremonies for their respective teams where fans got the chance to see their national team and bid them good luck and farewell before starting their campaign for the world's biggest football competition.
See complete match schedules at the Official FIFA World Cup Web site.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery