NBA Betting Odds and Trends–East Finals Preview: Heat Go For the Kill Against Pacers in Game 6
By James Patrick Quizon | May 30, 2014 9:57 PM EST
The Miami Heat blew the chance to wrap up the Eastern Conference Finals against the Indiana Pacers last time around and the defending champions are hoping to end the best-of-seven series in Game 6 when the series shifts back to Florida.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers guard Lance Stephenson (1) and Miami Heat forward LeBron James (6) fall during the fourth quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Paul George came up big for the game—and the clutch-- for Indiana finishing with 37 points, 6 rebounds and 6 steals.
David West missed just 4-of-11 shots for 19 points while Lance Stephenson had 12 markers plus a memorable but weird blow to the ear of LeBron James, who was in foul trouble all-game long to end up with just 7 points (2-of-10 field goals)— his lowest output in the postseason in his career.
"It's Game 6," said Chris Bosh via the league’s official website. "It's our Game 7."
The Heat big man had 20 points and 10 rebounds and actually had a chance to end the series Wednesday night but his right corner three missed the mark. Dwyane Wade and Rashard Lewies contributed 18 points for the Heat.
Meanwhile, James, coming off his worst game in the NBA playoffs wouldn’t be distracted by the Stephenson antics.
"I'm just here to play basketball, man. All the extracurricular activities, I don't really get into," James said in the same NBA.com article. "I'm just trying to win. We need one more win to get to the Finals. That's my only concern. All the extra stuff, whatever Lance wants to do, I don't really care about that."
Betting Lines: Indiana Pacers (+7.5) vs. Miami Heat (Over/Under: 182.5)
Odds via covers.com, accurate as of time of posting
Game time: 10:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Pacers are 16-35-1 ATS in their last 52 games
- The Pacers are 7-21 ATS in their last 28 games after a win
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Heat are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. the Pacers
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border