NBA Betting Odds and Trends–East Finals Preview: Heat Go For the Kill Against Pacers in Game 6
By James Patrick Quizon | May 30, 2014 9:57 PM EST
The Miami Heat blew the chance to wrap up the Eastern Conference Finals against the Indiana Pacers last time around and the defending champions are hoping to end the best-of-seven series in Game 6 when the series shifts back to Florida.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers guard Lance Stephenson (1) and Miami Heat forward LeBron James (6) fall during the fourth quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Paul George came up big for the game—and the clutch-- for Indiana finishing with 37 points, 6 rebounds and 6 steals.
David West missed just 4-of-11 shots for 19 points while Lance Stephenson had 12 markers plus a memorable but weird blow to the ear of LeBron James, who was in foul trouble all-game long to end up with just 7 points (2-of-10 field goals)— his lowest output in the postseason in his career.
"It's Game 6," said Chris Bosh via the league’s official website. "It's our Game 7."
The Heat big man had 20 points and 10 rebounds and actually had a chance to end the series Wednesday night but his right corner three missed the mark. Dwyane Wade and Rashard Lewies contributed 18 points for the Heat.
Meanwhile, James, coming off his worst game in the NBA playoffs wouldn’t be distracted by the Stephenson antics.
"I'm just here to play basketball, man. All the extracurricular activities, I don't really get into," James said in the same NBA.com article. "I'm just trying to win. We need one more win to get to the Finals. That's my only concern. All the extra stuff, whatever Lance wants to do, I don't really care about that."
Betting Lines: Indiana Pacers (+7.5) vs. Miami Heat (Over/Under: 182.5)
Odds via covers.com, accurate as of time of posting
Game time: 10:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Pacers are 16-35-1 ATS in their last 52 games
- The Pacers are 7-21 ATS in their last 28 games after a win
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Heat are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. the Pacers
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier