NBA Betting Odds and Trends–East Finals Preview: Heat Go For the Kill Against Pacers in Game 6
By James Patrick Quizon | May 30, 2014 9:57 PM EST
The Miami Heat blew the chance to wrap up the Eastern Conference Finals against the Indiana Pacers last time around and the defending champions are hoping to end the best-of-seven series in Game 6 when the series shifts back to Florida.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers guard Lance Stephenson (1) and Miami Heat forward LeBron James (6) fall during the fourth quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Paul George came up big for the game—and the clutch-- for Indiana finishing with 37 points, 6 rebounds and 6 steals.
David West missed just 4-of-11 shots for 19 points while Lance Stephenson had 12 markers plus a memorable but weird blow to the ear of LeBron James, who was in foul trouble all-game long to end up with just 7 points (2-of-10 field goals)— his lowest output in the postseason in his career.
"It's Game 6," said Chris Bosh via the league’s official website. "It's our Game 7."
The Heat big man had 20 points and 10 rebounds and actually had a chance to end the series Wednesday night but his right corner three missed the mark. Dwyane Wade and Rashard Lewies contributed 18 points for the Heat.
Meanwhile, James, coming off his worst game in the NBA playoffs wouldn’t be distracted by the Stephenson antics.
"I'm just here to play basketball, man. All the extracurricular activities, I don't really get into," James said in the same NBA.com article. "I'm just trying to win. We need one more win to get to the Finals. That's my only concern. All the extra stuff, whatever Lance wants to do, I don't really care about that."
Betting Lines: Indiana Pacers (+7.5) vs. Miami Heat (Over/Under: 182.5)
Odds via covers.com, accurate as of time of posting
Game time: 10:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Pacers are 16-35-1 ATS in their last 52 games
- The Pacers are 7-21 ATS in their last 28 games after a win
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Heat are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. the Pacers
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Mourinho's Free-Transfer Ploy On Khedira Working, After Latter Refused To Pen New Real Madrid Deal
- Spanish Super Cup Second Leg Preview
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports