HBO’s ‘The Leftovers’: Justin Theroux Features in the Story of Living Reminders, Premiere Date [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 30, 2014 6:04 PM EST
HBO's new series "The Leftovers" is about people who were left behind when 2 per cent of the world population disappeared, mysteriously, in an unexplained event. The series is based on Tom Perrotta's book of the same name. Perrotta and creator of "Lost," Damon Lindelof, have written "The Leftovers."
"This show is about the condition of living in a post-apocalyptic world where, if you look out the window, it doesn't look like the apocalypse happened," Lindelof said to New York Times. "But it did."
The show, featuring the living reminders, picks-ups three years after the rupture that made 2 per cent of the world population vanish. Justin Theroux is playing the role of Kevin Garvey, the chief of police of Mapleton, which is a fictional suburb of New York.
This suburb has lost more than 100 people and the people here are trying to build their lives after the loss. Theroux's character is a father of two. His wife had abandoned him, while his son has quit college to follow a spiritual guru. He lives with his daughter who is an introspective teenager.
Talking about his character, Theroux said to Channel Guide Magazine, "he's constantly looking for a place -- he's looking for warmth somewhere, through his daughter, through his ex-wife, through his job and the people he works with, and he's also trying to hold the centre as much as possible. It's a bit like being at the centre of a Tilt-a-Whirl and the centrifugal force of the way the town is moving. He can't get his arms around it."
The teaser of "The Leftover," provides the five stages of dealing with the unexplainable event and the grief -- anger, denial, bargaining, depression and acceptance.
"The Leftover" is scheduled to premiere on June 29, 2014. HBO has given it a full season order. Peter Berg has directed the pilot episode.
In addition to Theroux, the show also stars Liv Tyler, Carrie Coon, Ann Dowd, Amanda Warren, Chris Zylka, Margaret Qualley, Michael Gaston, Max Carver, Charlie Carver, Annie Q, Paterson Joseph, Brad Leland, Amy Brenneman, and Emily Meade.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate