HBO’s ‘The Leftovers’: Justin Theroux Features in the Story of Living Reminders, Premiere Date [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 30, 2014 6:04 PM EST
HBO's new series "The Leftovers" is about people who were left behind when 2 per cent of the world population disappeared, mysteriously, in an unexplained event. The series is based on Tom Perrotta's book of the same name. Perrotta and creator of "Lost," Damon Lindelof, have written "The Leftovers."
"This show is about the condition of living in a post-apocalyptic world where, if you look out the window, it doesn't look like the apocalypse happened," Lindelof said to New York Times. "But it did."
The show, featuring the living reminders, picks-ups three years after the rupture that made 2 per cent of the world population vanish. Justin Theroux is playing the role of Kevin Garvey, the chief of police of Mapleton, which is a fictional suburb of New York.
This suburb has lost more than 100 people and the people here are trying to build their lives after the loss. Theroux's character is a father of two. His wife had abandoned him, while his son has quit college to follow a spiritual guru. He lives with his daughter who is an introspective teenager.
Talking about his character, Theroux said to Channel Guide Magazine, "he's constantly looking for a place -- he's looking for warmth somewhere, through his daughter, through his ex-wife, through his job and the people he works with, and he's also trying to hold the centre as much as possible. It's a bit like being at the centre of a Tilt-a-Whirl and the centrifugal force of the way the town is moving. He can't get his arms around it."
The teaser of "The Leftover," provides the five stages of dealing with the unexplainable event and the grief -- anger, denial, bargaining, depression and acceptance.
"The Leftover" is scheduled to premiere on June 29, 2014. HBO has given it a full season order. Peter Berg has directed the pilot episode.
In addition to Theroux, the show also stars Liv Tyler, Carrie Coon, Ann Dowd, Amanda Warren, Chris Zylka, Margaret Qualley, Michael Gaston, Max Carver, Charlie Carver, Annie Q, Paterson Joseph, Brad Leland, Amy Brenneman, and Emily Meade.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen