HBO’s ‘The Leftovers’: Justin Theroux Features in the Story of Living Reminders, Premiere Date [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 30, 2014 6:04 PM EST
HBO's new series "The Leftovers" is about people who were left behind when 2 per cent of the world population disappeared, mysteriously, in an unexplained event. The series is based on Tom Perrotta's book of the same name. Perrotta and creator of "Lost," Damon Lindelof, have written "The Leftovers."
"This show is about the condition of living in a post-apocalyptic world where, if you look out the window, it doesn't look like the apocalypse happened," Lindelof said to New York Times. "But it did."
The show, featuring the living reminders, picks-ups three years after the rupture that made 2 per cent of the world population vanish. Justin Theroux is playing the role of Kevin Garvey, the chief of police of Mapleton, which is a fictional suburb of New York.
This suburb has lost more than 100 people and the people here are trying to build their lives after the loss. Theroux's character is a father of two. His wife had abandoned him, while his son has quit college to follow a spiritual guru. He lives with his daughter who is an introspective teenager.
Talking about his character, Theroux said to Channel Guide Magazine, "he's constantly looking for a place -- he's looking for warmth somewhere, through his daughter, through his ex-wife, through his job and the people he works with, and he's also trying to hold the centre as much as possible. It's a bit like being at the centre of a Tilt-a-Whirl and the centrifugal force of the way the town is moving. He can't get his arms around it."
The teaser of "The Leftover," provides the five stages of dealing with the unexplainable event and the grief -- anger, denial, bargaining, depression and acceptance.
"The Leftover" is scheduled to premiere on June 29, 2014. HBO has given it a full season order. Peter Berg has directed the pilot episode.
In addition to Theroux, the show also stars Liv Tyler, Carrie Coon, Ann Dowd, Amanda Warren, Chris Zylka, Margaret Qualley, Michael Gaston, Max Carver, Charlie Carver, Annie Q, Paterson Joseph, Brad Leland, Amy Brenneman, and Emily Meade.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch