HBO’s ‘The Leftovers’: Justin Theroux Features in the Story of Living Reminders, Premiere Date [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 30, 2014 6:04 PM EST
HBO's new series "The Leftovers" is about people who were left behind when 2 per cent of the world population disappeared, mysteriously, in an unexplained event. The series is based on Tom Perrotta's book of the same name. Perrotta and creator of "Lost," Damon Lindelof, have written "The Leftovers."
"This show is about the condition of living in a post-apocalyptic world where, if you look out the window, it doesn't look like the apocalypse happened," Lindelof said to New York Times. "But it did."
The show, featuring the living reminders, picks-ups three years after the rupture that made 2 per cent of the world population vanish. Justin Theroux is playing the role of Kevin Garvey, the chief of police of Mapleton, which is a fictional suburb of New York.
This suburb has lost more than 100 people and the people here are trying to build their lives after the loss. Theroux's character is a father of two. His wife had abandoned him, while his son has quit college to follow a spiritual guru. He lives with his daughter who is an introspective teenager.
Talking about his character, Theroux said to Channel Guide Magazine, "he's constantly looking for a place -- he's looking for warmth somewhere, through his daughter, through his ex-wife, through his job and the people he works with, and he's also trying to hold the centre as much as possible. It's a bit like being at the centre of a Tilt-a-Whirl and the centrifugal force of the way the town is moving. He can't get his arms around it."
The teaser of "The Leftover," provides the five stages of dealing with the unexplainable event and the grief -- anger, denial, bargaining, depression and acceptance.
"The Leftover" is scheduled to premiere on June 29, 2014. HBO has given it a full season order. Peter Berg has directed the pilot episode.
In addition to Theroux, the show also stars Liv Tyler, Carrie Coon, Ann Dowd, Amanda Warren, Chris Zylka, Margaret Qualley, Michael Gaston, Max Carver, Charlie Carver, Annie Q, Paterson Joseph, Brad Leland, Amy Brenneman, and Emily Meade.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet