‘I Wanna Marry Harry’: One Fake Prince Harry and 12 American Women [Spoilers]
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 30, 2014 6:01 PM EST
An imposter, who looks like Prince Harry of the British Royal Family, is the star of FOX's new reality show "I Wanna Marry Harry." TEN brings the show for its Australian audience on Friday, May 30.
Matthew Hicks, the 25 year old British Environmental Consultant, is the fake royal boy who gets to date 12 young American women. All these women arrive looking for a fairytale ending, but have no clue about the man that they are set to woo.
Hick has to convince these women that he is Prince Harry but make them like him for who he is in real. At the end, he has to reveal his real identity to the final girl standing. The question is will love survive when fame and status fall away.
"I Wanna Marry Harry" follows the women as they fight for their chance to marry 'Prince Harry', while living at an English estate. Matthew must convince these beautiful women that he is a member of the Royal Family. If he does, will they fall for the crown or fall in love with the real him?" according to the synopsis of the show.
"The winning lady then must decide if she can look past the pretence and love this gent, who is more pauper than prince."
Hicks, 23, does not have a car and rides a bike that he has borrowed from his friend. He is poor and is looking for genuine love by pretending to be from the royal family. To make it look real for the girls as well as for Hicks, there is a castle, with household staff and a personal butler. There are also security details and expensive toys such as a personal helicopter. Hicks also gets a crash course in how to be Prince Harry and gets tips on royal etiquettes.
The fake Prince Harry [called Sir] makes a grand entry in a helicopter and the 12 girls find it hard to believe their luck. In the episode, one girl gets a chance to come close to him [she gets a special suit adjacent to Sir's suit], while one girl packs-ups and leaves. There is a masquerade ball and the girls present themselves to Sir.
Leah is the first girl to exit the show, as Fake Henry did not feel that she was having fun. Rose gets the key to the Crown Suite.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast