Viral Video Michael Jackson Dance: King of Pop's Hit Single 'Billie Jean' Back at the Billboard Charts
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 30, 2014 5:49 PM EST
The King of Pop may be gone but his music continues to live on. High school student Brett Nichols' recent viral video of his Michael Jackson dance moves to the song titled "Billie Jean" made the 1982 hit single make an appearance once again on the Billboard charts.
The Billboard report confirms that Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" song revisited the Hot 100 where 95 percent of its chart points came from the viral video streaming. "It debuts on the Streaming Songs chart at No. 2 thanks to the stylings of Brett Nichols, a junior at Pitman High School in Turlock, Calif. Nichols performed Jackson's iconic dance sequence from 1983's 'Motown 25' TV special for his school's talent show, with the clip featuring the song's original audio," the report reads.
Additionally, the Guardian reports the performance of the young teenager at the Talent Rally had a strong impact to the viewers and attracted the music lovers to the song to remember the late music icon. According to the Music Times report, the viral video has already received over 15 million views on YouTube since Pitman Daily Announcements published the "Talent Rally Highlights 2014" video last Wednesday, May 21.
In the viral video, Brett Nichols' Michael Jackson performance kicked off close to the 1:11 mark where he showed the King of Pop's signature dance moves including the famous moonwalk that impressed the crowd and made them loudly cheer.
The brief description on the YouTube video further confirmed that Brett Nichols won the event. "This video was used for our in-house announcements broadcast to feature all of our rally participants and give props to our Talent Show Champion --- Yes MJ won!" the message reads.
The Music Times report further noted that "Billie Jean" grabbed the top spot at the Billboard charts during its initial run back in 1982. The single stayed at the top spot for seven weeks.
Aside from "Billie Jean," there is another Michael Jackson hit song that has crawled its way back to the Billboard charts. After the 2013 Halloween event, "Thriller" surfaced on the Hot 100 taking the No. 42 spot at the music chart.
More Articles to Read:
Viral Video Michael Jackson Dance: High School Student Performs 'Billie Jean' at Pitman High School Talent Rally [WATCH] - [READ]
Viral Video Cat vs. Dog: Family Cat Saves a Young Boy from a Dog Attack [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica