24-Year-Old Aussie Man With Scrotum as Big as Watermelon & Inverted Penis Urgently Needs Surgery
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 30, 2014 5:03 PM EST
Tyrone Bowd, a 24-year-old Australian, has a big problem that needs immediate surgery. Otherwise, his life could be endangered.
Over 2,000 women had cosmetic surgery on their vaginas in 2010 (Reuters)
Bowd is suffering from scrotal lymphedema, diagnosed a year ago, which caused his scrotum to swell as big as a watermelon and keeps on growing that it is already down to his knees.
The medical condition has affected Bowd's quality of life, worsened by his also having an inverted penis which places him at risk of dangerous infections.
Tanya, his mother and full-time carer, said Tyrone needs help to go to the toilet because of difficulty walking. He broke his leg in a motorbike accident earlier this year because his enlarged testicles made it difficult for him to drive the motorbike.
Tanya is seeking to raise A$5,700 for his surgery which needs to be done in the U.S. because of the lack of doctors in Australia who could perform the operation. The mum of four said, "No one can help us in Australia. I had doctors discuss building a team to give surgery a go only to be told by a urologist that if I was to sign on the dotted line and allow anyone in Australia to operate I would be signing my son's life away."
The doctor who would perform the medical procedure in the U.S. is California specialist, Dr Joel Geldman who has done a similar surgery on a man with a 60 kilogramme scrotum. The patient's penis and scrotum were preserved. He is from the University of California's Center for Reconstructive Urology.
To raise more funds, Tanya is organising a funderaiser in Ipswich, Queensland.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFO Sighting in Australia: A Mysterious 'Flying' Object With Changing Colors Observed[Watch Video]
- Volcano Eruption In Iceland: Lava Erupts More Than 50 Meters High, Prompts Aviation Alert [Video]
- Artificial Micro-Humans to Replace Animals in Lab Tests: 90 Million Animal Lives Would be Saved
- Images Of Solar Flare Captured By NASA [Watch Video]
- Volatile Volcanoes Are Waking Up
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones