24-Year-Old Aussie Man With Scrotum as Big as Watermelon & Inverted Penis Urgently Needs Surgery
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 30, 2014 5:03 PM EST
Tyrone Bowd, a 24-year-old Australian, has a big problem that needs immediate surgery. Otherwise, his life could be endangered.
Over 2,000 women had cosmetic surgery on their vaginas in 2010 (Reuters)
Bowd is suffering from scrotal lymphedema, diagnosed a year ago, which caused his scrotum to swell as big as a watermelon and keeps on growing that it is already down to his knees.
The medical condition has affected Bowd's quality of life, worsened by his also having an inverted penis which places him at risk of dangerous infections.
Tanya, his mother and full-time carer, said Tyrone needs help to go to the toilet because of difficulty walking. He broke his leg in a motorbike accident earlier this year because his enlarged testicles made it difficult for him to drive the motorbike.
Tanya is seeking to raise A$5,700 for his surgery which needs to be done in the U.S. because of the lack of doctors in Australia who could perform the operation. The mum of four said, "No one can help us in Australia. I had doctors discuss building a team to give surgery a go only to be told by a urologist that if I was to sign on the dotted line and allow anyone in Australia to operate I would be signing my son's life away."
The doctor who would perform the medical procedure in the U.S. is California specialist, Dr Joel Geldman who has done a similar surgery on a man with a 60 kilogramme scrotum. The patient's penis and scrotum were preserved. He is from the University of California's Center for Reconstructive Urology.
To raise more funds, Tanya is organising a funderaiser in Ipswich, Queensland.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- 'Human Skull' Found On Mars [Watch Video]
- UFO Sighting: UFO Spotted Above Las Vegas, Nevada
- MH370 Search Update: Australian Scientists Has Reportedly Found A Solution To The Mystery Of Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
- Alien Toy Doll Found On Mars [Watch Video]
- Leonardo DiCaprio Donates $2M To Fight Illegal Fishing And Support Oceans
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage