Notifyr: The New App that Displays iPhone Notifications on Mac
By Naveena Joy | May 30, 2014 3:54 PM EST
While working on a computer, generally users are away from their iphone which means they are also unaware of any updates that can come in any time. To avoid such a situation, people can use a new service that will allow all iOS device information to automatically and simultaneously appear as a pop up notification on the desktop.
Craig Federighi, Senior VP of Software Engineering at Apple Inc talks about the A7 chip during Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013. REUTERS/Stephen Lam
Notifyr is a new $3.99 iPhone application that can route iOS notifications over to a compatible Mac computer.
The user assigns certain apps to its Mac in order to receive updates. Each time a notification hits the iPhone from the assigned apps, it will be displayed on the Mac using the standard OS X notification mechanism.
The app is available on the App Store. The prorgram is optimized for Bluetooth low energy (LE)- compatible with iPhones and Macs The setup process can be done through the standard Bluetooth connection setup where a code shows up on Mac and the same is typed on the iOS device to verify. It works very smoothly with various functions, phone calls, Facebook Messages, iMessages and SMS Messages. The phone app integration even shows missed call and voice mail alerts on the Mac.
The developer of the Notifyr explains the app further as an application that will never miss a notification. Even if the phone is kept away or is in the pocket, still one is aware of what's going on. The app helps in reading Whatsapp messages, see who's following on Instagram or read any of the other kind of notifications from any app of the iPhone. It's also possible to mute notifications from any app.
In addition, the developer also says, that once the phone is paired with Mac, there is no need to open the app on the phone again. When the connection gets lost, Notifyr will automatically reconnect to the phone once it becomes available again.
In order to work effortlessly, the two devices need to be compatible with each other and Notifyr can be used on the latest devices. The user would need an iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c handset along with a 2011 MacBook Air, 2012 MacBook Pro, late 2012 iMac, 2011 Mac mini, or a late 2013 Mac Pro (or newer) in order to take advantage of the application.
Also, sources have been informed that Notifyr could utilize private APIs in order to function in future. Therefore, Apple will remove the app from its App Store soon. Users need to download this application as soon as possible.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation