‘Modern Family’ Star Starts War With KISS Rockers Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley, Apologises Later
By Anne Lu | May 30, 2014 3:37 PM EST
“Modern Family” star Eric Stonestreet has had a brief tiff with KISS rockers Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley after he thought they were rude to his mother on a plane. The Twitter row was quickly settled, with Stonestreet ending up apologising instead.
Modern Family cast members Eric Stonestreet (top), Sarah Hyland (C) and Ariel Winter (L) step off their plane on Hamilton Island in Queensland February 25, 2014. The cast and crew of U.S. comedy television series \"Modern Family\" arrived on the resort island on Tuesday to film their Australian vacation episode. REUTERS/James Morgan/Handout via Reuters
The 42-year-old actor, who plays Cameron Tucker in the hit U.S. series, detailed a purported incident on Instagram, in which he accused Simmons and Stanley of bullying his mother.
“Turns out both Gene Simmons AND Paul Stanley were on my mum’s flight to Kansas City,” he wrote on Instagram.
“Gene tried to bully my mum out of her seat and when she said no, he said, ‘it’s ok, I just bought the plane and then asked her for HER autograph. – dick move
“Then Paul called her ‘Aunt Bee.’ – dick move
“I can’t wait to run into you two old ass makeup wearing f**** and tell you in person; you should have been nicer to my mum.”
It turned out that the incident never happened, with both Simmons and Stanley denying the event.
Simmons denied the story on Twitter, saying that it was “blatantly untrue,” while Stanley offered an explanation, saying it was just all a misunderstanding.
Stonestreet then quickly retracted, saying he will have “a stern talk with my mum about making up stories.”
“Old people, ya know? OUR apologies,” the actor said sorry.
Someone posted a story which is blatantly untrue. The essence of it was that we were mean to somebody's mother. It's simply untrue.
— Gene Simmons (@genesimmons) May 29, 2014
Ok @genesimmons. Take care. I assure u, I will have a stern talk with my mom about making up stories. Old people, ya know? OUR apologies:) — Eric Stonestreet (@ericstonestreet) May 29, 2014
.@PaulStanleyLive Thank u for that. She did tell me you let her go first. I will tape my glow in the dark KISS posters back together now.
— Eric Stonestreet (@ericstonestreet) May 29, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On