Batman vs. Superman News: Actor Callan Mulvey Tight-Lipped on 'The Joker' Role in Upcoming Film
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 30, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Current reports on "The Joker" in the "Batman vs. Superman" film links actor Callan Mulvey to the villain character. However, the "300: Rise of an Empire" star remains tight-lipped on the subject whenever asked if he will portray the scary role in the upcoming superhero film.
According to the HNGN report, an unnamed TMZ employee asked Callan Mulvey what the actor can share about the "Batman vs. Superman" film. The 39-year-old actor responded that he cannot talk or say anything about it because he has sworn secrecy.
"You're going to have to wait and see," Mulvey teased in the recent TMZ interview. Last April, film director Zack Snyder has confirmed the addition of Callan Mulvey, Holly Hunter and Tao Okamoto to the cast members of the "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" film but did not reveal the characters they will be portraying.
The MLive report noted how director Zack Snyder praised Callan Mulvey for his acting skills while they worked in the film titled "300: Rise of an Empire. "He's a fantastic actor and I'm looking forward to having the chance to work with him again," Snyder declared in the Entertainment Weekly report during the cast announcement of the film last April 3.
The reports on Callan Mulvey's "The Joker" role in the "Batman vs. Superman" film started a couple of days after actor Adrien Brody expressed his interest in portraying the villain character. Cinematographer Larry Fong has also teased the fans about "The Joker" when he posted an image on Twitter but the "Batman vs. Superman" production team has given any statement to confirm or deny the appearance of the character in the film.
In the "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" film, the actors reprising their roles from the "Man of Steel" movie in 2013 are Henry Cavill (Superman), Amy Adams (Lois Lane), Diane Lane (Martha Kent) and Laurence Fishburne (Perry White. The new faces that join the cast are Ben Affleck (Batman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor) and Jeremy Irons (Alfred Pennyworth).
The "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is scheduled to be released in movie theaters on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
Batman vs. Superman News: Actor Adrien Brody Interested in Portraying 'The Joker' - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actor Jesse Eisenberg to Have Unique Performance for Villain Character Lex Luthor in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet