Batman vs. Superman News: Actor Callan Mulvey Tight-Lipped on 'The Joker' Role in Upcoming Film
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 30, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Current reports on "The Joker" in the "Batman vs. Superman" film links actor Callan Mulvey to the villain character. However, the "300: Rise of an Empire" star remains tight-lipped on the subject whenever asked if he will portray the scary role in the upcoming superhero film.
According to the HNGN report, an unnamed TMZ employee asked Callan Mulvey what the actor can share about the "Batman vs. Superman" film. The 39-year-old actor responded that he cannot talk or say anything about it because he has sworn secrecy.
"You're going to have to wait and see," Mulvey teased in the recent TMZ interview. Last April, film director Zack Snyder has confirmed the addition of Callan Mulvey, Holly Hunter and Tao Okamoto to the cast members of the "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" film but did not reveal the characters they will be portraying.
The MLive report noted how director Zack Snyder praised Callan Mulvey for his acting skills while they worked in the film titled "300: Rise of an Empire. "He's a fantastic actor and I'm looking forward to having the chance to work with him again," Snyder declared in the Entertainment Weekly report during the cast announcement of the film last April 3.
The reports on Callan Mulvey's "The Joker" role in the "Batman vs. Superman" film started a couple of days after actor Adrien Brody expressed his interest in portraying the villain character. Cinematographer Larry Fong has also teased the fans about "The Joker" when he posted an image on Twitter but the "Batman vs. Superman" production team has given any statement to confirm or deny the appearance of the character in the film.
In the "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" film, the actors reprising their roles from the "Man of Steel" movie in 2013 are Henry Cavill (Superman), Amy Adams (Lois Lane), Diane Lane (Martha Kent) and Laurence Fishburne (Perry White. The new faces that join the cast are Ben Affleck (Batman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor) and Jeremy Irons (Alfred Pennyworth).
The "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is scheduled to be released in movie theaters on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
Batman vs. Superman News: Actor Adrien Brody Interested in Portraying 'The Joker' - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actor Jesse Eisenberg to Have Unique Performance for Villain Character Lex Luthor in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People