Batman vs. Superman News: Actor Callan Mulvey Tight-Lipped on 'The Joker' Role in Upcoming Film
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 30, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Current reports on "The Joker" in the "Batman vs. Superman" film links actor Callan Mulvey to the villain character. However, the "300: Rise of an Empire" star remains tight-lipped on the subject whenever asked if he will portray the scary role in the upcoming superhero film.
According to the HNGN report, an unnamed TMZ employee asked Callan Mulvey what the actor can share about the "Batman vs. Superman" film. The 39-year-old actor responded that he cannot talk or say anything about it because he has sworn secrecy.
"You're going to have to wait and see," Mulvey teased in the recent TMZ interview. Last April, film director Zack Snyder has confirmed the addition of Callan Mulvey, Holly Hunter and Tao Okamoto to the cast members of the "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" film but did not reveal the characters they will be portraying.
The MLive report noted how director Zack Snyder praised Callan Mulvey for his acting skills while they worked in the film titled "300: Rise of an Empire. "He's a fantastic actor and I'm looking forward to having the chance to work with him again," Snyder declared in the Entertainment Weekly report during the cast announcement of the film last April 3.
The reports on Callan Mulvey's "The Joker" role in the "Batman vs. Superman" film started a couple of days after actor Adrien Brody expressed his interest in portraying the villain character. Cinematographer Larry Fong has also teased the fans about "The Joker" when he posted an image on Twitter but the "Batman vs. Superman" production team has given any statement to confirm or deny the appearance of the character in the film.
In the "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" film, the actors reprising their roles from the "Man of Steel" movie in 2013 are Henry Cavill (Superman), Amy Adams (Lois Lane), Diane Lane (Martha Kent) and Laurence Fishburne (Perry White. The new faces that join the cast are Ben Affleck (Batman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor) and Jeremy Irons (Alfred Pennyworth).
The "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is scheduled to be released in movie theaters on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
Batman vs. Superman News: Actor Adrien Brody Interested in Portraying 'The Joker' - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actor Jesse Eisenberg to Have Unique Performance for Villain Character Lex Luthor in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage