Batman vs. Superman News: Actor Callan Mulvey Tight-Lipped on 'The Joker' Role in Upcoming Film
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 30, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Current reports on "The Joker" in the "Batman vs. Superman" film links actor Callan Mulvey to the villain character. However, the "300: Rise of an Empire" star remains tight-lipped on the subject whenever asked if he will portray the scary role in the upcoming superhero film.
According to the HNGN report, an unnamed TMZ employee asked Callan Mulvey what the actor can share about the "Batman vs. Superman" film. The 39-year-old actor responded that he cannot talk or say anything about it because he has sworn secrecy.
"You're going to have to wait and see," Mulvey teased in the recent TMZ interview. Last April, film director Zack Snyder has confirmed the addition of Callan Mulvey, Holly Hunter and Tao Okamoto to the cast members of the "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" film but did not reveal the characters they will be portraying.
The MLive report noted how director Zack Snyder praised Callan Mulvey for his acting skills while they worked in the film titled "300: Rise of an Empire. "He's a fantastic actor and I'm looking forward to having the chance to work with him again," Snyder declared in the Entertainment Weekly report during the cast announcement of the film last April 3.
The reports on Callan Mulvey's "The Joker" role in the "Batman vs. Superman" film started a couple of days after actor Adrien Brody expressed his interest in portraying the villain character. Cinematographer Larry Fong has also teased the fans about "The Joker" when he posted an image on Twitter but the "Batman vs. Superman" production team has given any statement to confirm or deny the appearance of the character in the film.
In the "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" film, the actors reprising their roles from the "Man of Steel" movie in 2013 are Henry Cavill (Superman), Amy Adams (Lois Lane), Diane Lane (Martha Kent) and Laurence Fishburne (Perry White. The new faces that join the cast are Ben Affleck (Batman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor) and Jeremy Irons (Alfred Pennyworth).
The "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is scheduled to be released in movie theaters on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
Batman vs. Superman News: Actor Adrien Brody Interested in Portraying 'The Joker' - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actor Jesse Eisenberg to Have Unique Performance for Villain Character Lex Luthor in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies