Batman vs. Superman News: Actor Callan Mulvey Tight-Lipped on 'The Joker' Role in Upcoming Film
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 30, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Current reports on "The Joker" in the "Batman vs. Superman" film links actor Callan Mulvey to the villain character. However, the "300: Rise of an Empire" star remains tight-lipped on the subject whenever asked if he will portray the scary role in the upcoming superhero film.
According to the HNGN report, an unnamed TMZ employee asked Callan Mulvey what the actor can share about the "Batman vs. Superman" film. The 39-year-old actor responded that he cannot talk or say anything about it because he has sworn secrecy.
"You're going to have to wait and see," Mulvey teased in the recent TMZ interview. Last April, film director Zack Snyder has confirmed the addition of Callan Mulvey, Holly Hunter and Tao Okamoto to the cast members of the "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" film but did not reveal the characters they will be portraying.
The MLive report noted how director Zack Snyder praised Callan Mulvey for his acting skills while they worked in the film titled "300: Rise of an Empire. "He's a fantastic actor and I'm looking forward to having the chance to work with him again," Snyder declared in the Entertainment Weekly report during the cast announcement of the film last April 3.
The reports on Callan Mulvey's "The Joker" role in the "Batman vs. Superman" film started a couple of days after actor Adrien Brody expressed his interest in portraying the villain character. Cinematographer Larry Fong has also teased the fans about "The Joker" when he posted an image on Twitter but the "Batman vs. Superman" production team has given any statement to confirm or deny the appearance of the character in the film.
In the "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" film, the actors reprising their roles from the "Man of Steel" movie in 2013 are Henry Cavill (Superman), Amy Adams (Lois Lane), Diane Lane (Martha Kent) and Laurence Fishburne (Perry White. The new faces that join the cast are Ben Affleck (Batman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor) and Jeremy Irons (Alfred Pennyworth).
The "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is scheduled to be released in movie theaters on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
Batman vs. Superman News: Actor Adrien Brody Interested in Portraying 'The Joker' - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actor Jesse Eisenberg to Have Unique Performance for Villain Character Lex Luthor in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS