BlackBerry Z30 vs. BlackBerry Z10—Specifications and Price Comparison in Australia
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 30, 2014 2:28 PM EST
The BlackBerry Z30 was released in September 2013, whereas the BlackBerry Z10 was released in the month of January last year. Both the handsets pack impressive features and great performances. Phone Arena's user ratings for the BlackBerry Z30 and the BlackBerry Z10 are 9.9/10 and 9.4/10 respectively.
Readers who are interested in purchasing one of the aforementioned devices, here is a specification and price comparison pertaining to Australia.
Display and Size
The BlackBerry Z30 has a 5 inches Super AMOLED display and it packs a resolution of 720 x 1,280 pixels. Whereas the BlackBerry Z10 comes with a much smaller 4.2 inches IPS LCD screen, with 768 x 1,280 pixels resolution. The BlackBerry Z10 is capable of supporting up to 356 ppi pixel density, which is slightly higher than the 295 ppi pixel density of BlackBerry Z30.
The thickness and the weight of BlackBerry Z30 are 0.37 inches and 170 g respectively, whereas the BlackBerry Z10 is 0.35 inches thick and it weighs only 138 g.
Hardware and Software
The BlackBerry Z30 is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4) Krait 300 processor, clocked at 1.7 GHz and it comes with a 2 GB of RAM. On the other hand, the BlackBerry Z10 is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus) Krait processor, clocked at 1.5 GHz, which also features a good 2 GB of RAM.
The BlackBerry Z30 runs on BlackBerry 10.2 OS, while the BlackBerry Z10 runs on BlackBerry 10 OS.
Both the phones sport 8 MP rear-facing cameras with LED Flash and 2 MP front-facing camera units. The common features include autofocus, digital image stabilization, and digital zoom. In addition, the Z30 supports video calling functionality.
Both the phones offer 16 GB of internal storage. In addition, the handsets support microSD card slot for expansion up to 64 GB.
The BlackBerry Z30 houses an impressive non-removable 2880 mAh battery unit, while the BlackBerry Z10 houses a user-replaceable 1800 mAh battery unit.
The BlackBerry Z30 can provide up to 18 hours of talk-time and 384 hours of stand-by time. The BlackBerry Z10, on the other hand, can provide only up to 10 hours of talk-time and 316 hours of stand-by time.
Both the handsets support micro-sim type.
Both the BlackBerry handsets come in 2 standard shades black and white.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation