Mortal Kombat and Injustice: Gods Among Us: What May Be Up for NetherRealm Studios’ Games
By Gel Galang | May 30, 2014 2:14 PM EST
NetherRealms Studios has two games that are sorely awaited by two segments of fans--those who are diehards for the "Mortal Kombat" series and continuing supporters of the "Injustice: Gods Among Us" game, both in console/PC and mobile form.
And the creative boss of the studio, Ed Boon, has been providing quite the number of teasers that has gotten fans in a jiffy yet again.
After teasing a big "June 2 announcement" in a string of tweets, Boon has recently confirmed that it will be "Mortal Kombat" that will bag the June bait. This is pretty much a solid given, with all the hints that the creative boss has been giving out, including changing his Twitter header and profile page to the new logo of "Mortal Kombat" and the very teasing "Who's Next?"
— Ed Boon (@noobde) May 29, 2014
"Yes you are Next @wizkhalifa!! On June 2nd Kombat Kontinies..." said Boon via Twitter. Some of the first few inklings of "Mortal Kombat" being teased more recently by Boon includes the following string of tweets: "Has anyone watched the recently released Street Fighter series yet? How does it compare to MK Legacy?" (@noobde, May 25) RT @downtoforitx @noobde could you just stop being cryptic and announce the game? EB: You misspelled Kryptic." (@noobde, May 26) In photos, there have been the funnier leaks, such as this so-called official poster, captioned: "RT@Andrew_Reiner The Replay community found the real MK poster. EB: Dammit, we told you that in CONFIDENCE!"
RT @Andrew_Reiner The Replay community found the real MK poster. pic.twitter.com/w1pcSFwFFt EB: Dammit, we told you that in CONFIDENCE! #wtf — Ed Boon (@noobde) May 29, 2014
There is also the teaser featuring the ninja costume of Scorpion, as seen here.
— Ed Boon (@noobde) May 29, 2014
"Injustice: Gods Among Us": What Will Happen with the Franchise?
The other game that NetherRealm Studios is working on, "Injustice: Gods Among Us," hasn't had much in the way of an official update, but Boon did reply," Don't be sad. In due time..." to a Twitter fan who had expressed wanting to see a sequel to the game,
There have been previous reports about a sequel, with Furious Fanboys reporting that the hint was obtained during the WonderCon in Anaheim, where it was briefly mentioned as a game "to prepare for." As is, there are no specific release dates for the game.
With the mobile platform of "Injustice: Gods Among Us," the awaited update is for the Android version of the game. iOS players are already enjoying the "Injustice: Gods Among Us 2.0" update, which allowed for multiplayer battles, more characters, and more improvements and gear to the existing game.
There had been whispers of a May update for the Android, but seeing as how it's almost the end of May, the next expected date for the update is June.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'