Mortal Kombat and Injustice: Gods Among Us: What May Be Up for NetherRealm Studios’ Games
By Gel Galang | May 30, 2014 2:14 PM EST
NetherRealms Studios has two games that are sorely awaited by two segments of fans--those who are diehards for the "Mortal Kombat" series and continuing supporters of the "Injustice: Gods Among Us" game, both in console/PC and mobile form.
And the creative boss of the studio, Ed Boon, has been providing quite the number of teasers that has gotten fans in a jiffy yet again.
After teasing a big "June 2 announcement" in a string of tweets, Boon has recently confirmed that it will be "Mortal Kombat" that will bag the June bait. This is pretty much a solid given, with all the hints that the creative boss has been giving out, including changing his Twitter header and profile page to the new logo of "Mortal Kombat" and the very teasing "Who's Next?"
— Ed Boon (@noobde) May 29, 2014
"Yes you are Next @wizkhalifa!! On June 2nd Kombat Kontinies..." said Boon via Twitter. Some of the first few inklings of "Mortal Kombat" being teased more recently by Boon includes the following string of tweets: "Has anyone watched the recently released Street Fighter series yet? How does it compare to MK Legacy?" (@noobde, May 25) RT @downtoforitx @noobde could you just stop being cryptic and announce the game? EB: You misspelled Kryptic." (@noobde, May 26) In photos, there have been the funnier leaks, such as this so-called official poster, captioned: "RT@Andrew_Reiner The Replay community found the real MK poster. EB: Dammit, we told you that in CONFIDENCE!"
RT @Andrew_Reiner The Replay community found the real MK poster. pic.twitter.com/w1pcSFwFFt EB: Dammit, we told you that in CONFIDENCE! #wtf — Ed Boon (@noobde) May 29, 2014
There is also the teaser featuring the ninja costume of Scorpion, as seen here.
— Ed Boon (@noobde) May 29, 2014
"Injustice: Gods Among Us": What Will Happen with the Franchise?
The other game that NetherRealm Studios is working on, "Injustice: Gods Among Us," hasn't had much in the way of an official update, but Boon did reply," Don't be sad. In due time..." to a Twitter fan who had expressed wanting to see a sequel to the game,
There have been previous reports about a sequel, with Furious Fanboys reporting that the hint was obtained during the WonderCon in Anaheim, where it was briefly mentioned as a game "to prepare for." As is, there are no specific release dates for the game.
With the mobile platform of "Injustice: Gods Among Us," the awaited update is for the Android version of the game. iOS players are already enjoying the "Injustice: Gods Among Us 2.0" update, which allowed for multiplayer battles, more characters, and more improvements and gear to the existing game.
There had been whispers of a May update for the Android, but seeing as how it's almost the end of May, the next expected date for the update is June.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date