'Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare' PlayStation4 Release Date Update
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 30, 2014 2:10 PM EST
Popcap Games producer Brian Lindley confirmed that "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" will make its way to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on August 19 but there is no word on price at this time just yet.
"Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" might not be the runway success that EA and Popcap Games were wishing for, moving less than a million units since its initial Xbox One debut but it appears that the first shooter from Popcap Games managed to get enough momentum to earn more ports.On the other hand, the PC debut of "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" is currently slated for June 24 release.
Just recently, three new "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" images were released on the EA Twitter account, each revealing a satirical mash-up of Popcap Games' new shooter and an iconic PlayStation franchise. The first image featured a Peashooter in a Sly Cooper costume that arrived alongside the confirmation that it is "time for an announcement." Follow-up images contained a humorous take on Fat Princess, which is a longtime PSN exclusive, along with Sony's Clank franchise and Ratchet. Interestingly though, there are no information given on how much the game will cost when it hits the PlayStation 3, PlayStation4 and PS Vita.
Thus far, it is still unclear which PlayStation console will be getting the "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" but it is quite unlikely that PS4 will be left off because the game made its debut as a next-gen title, not to mention the obvious benefit of embracing the ever-growing PS4 community. Ideally, the game will come to the entire PlayStation ecosystem but it wouldn't be surprising to see the "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" to be playable on PS Vita via the Remote Play functionality only.
Meanwhile, PlayStation and "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" fans will be able to experience the Zomboss Down and Garden Variety expansion content from day one of the release. Furthermore, players of "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" can team up with up to four players in the wave-based Garden Ops mode or in the 24-player battles in the battlefield.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James