West Finals - Game 5: Oklahoma City Thunder 89, San Antonio Spurs 117 [PHOTOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | May 30, 2014 1:58 PM EST
The San Antonio Spurs beat the Oklahoma City Thunder, 117-89 in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals and are now one win away from a return trip to the NBA Finals.
After a close and high-scoring first quarter, 32-32 the Spurs made a run in the middle quarters to turn the game into a blowout. San Antonio outscored Oklahoma City, 33-23 in the 2nd and 29-19 in the 3rd. Tim Duncan led his team with 22 points and added 12 rebounds. Five other Spurs ended up in double-figure scoring with Manu Ginobili dropping 19 points off the bench.
For OKC, they had little support for Kevin Durant (25 points) and Russell Westbrook (21 points).
Game 6 is set this Saturday when the series shifts back to Oklahoma City.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 5 of the OKC-SAS series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales