West Finals - Game 5: Oklahoma City Thunder 89, San Antonio Spurs 117 [PHOTOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | May 30, 2014 1:58 PM EST
The San Antonio Spurs beat the Oklahoma City Thunder, 117-89 in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals and are now one win away from a return trip to the NBA Finals.
After a close and high-scoring first quarter, 32-32 the Spurs made a run in the middle quarters to turn the game into a blowout. San Antonio outscored Oklahoma City, 33-23 in the 2nd and 29-19 in the 3rd. Tim Duncan led his team with 22 points and added 12 rebounds. Five other Spurs ended up in double-figure scoring with Manu Ginobili dropping 19 points off the bench.
For OKC, they had little support for Kevin Durant (25 points) and Russell Westbrook (21 points).
Game 6 is set this Saturday when the series shifts back to Oklahoma City.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 5 of the OKC-SAS series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid