‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Joined By ‘Delta Emerald’ Plus ‘Pokemon X and Y’ Updates
By Gel Galang | May 30, 2014 1:27 PM EST
The next Pokemon game, titled "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" might just be looking at another version in the form of "Delta Emerald."
This is based on a recent trademark sighting, supposedly registered by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. in Japan. According to Pokemon News source Serebii, this was not limited in that territory, however, as a similar trademark filed around the same time as "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" was registered under the name "Pokemon Delta Emerald.
However, one possible explanation here according to the source is that it may not necessarily be a game release but rather a possible version besides the two previously announced by Nintendo.
Officially, over at Pokemon.com, the only titles that are slated for release on November 2014 is "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," which will be remakes of the 2003 original game. Fans are also looking forward to these two upcoming games, as this is now the much-requested and speculated Hoenn remake of the game.
"Pokemon X and Y" Battle Updates
As for the current Pokemon game, "Pokemon X and Y," there are also new battles that will be running throughout June. The first is the Battle Competition, which is the 2014 International Challenge June.
Announced by Pokemon.com, this online competition will be open to all "Pokemon X and Y" players all over the world. Registration starts on June 12, Thursday until June 19, Thursday, at 11:59 p.m. UTC. But registration can reach its limit beforehand, if the player cap is reached before the official deadline of registration. The actual start of the competition will be on June 20, Friday, 12:00 a.m. UTC.
Serebii has also announced the start of registration for the Think Fast! Single Battle, which will run until June 6. Entrants will get 1,000 PokeMiles, and the competition itself will feature some new rules.
Among these are the Single Battle competition, eligibility of Pokemon in the National Pokedex and the requirement of hatching or catching in Kalos. Given the title of the competition, it will also limit the players' time to select moves. The Think Fast! Competition will run from June 6 to June 9.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports