‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Joined By ‘Delta Emerald’ Plus ‘Pokemon X and Y’ Updates
By Gel Galang | May 30, 2014 1:27 PM EST
The next Pokemon game, titled "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" might just be looking at another version in the form of "Delta Emerald."
This is based on a recent trademark sighting, supposedly registered by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. in Japan. According to Pokemon News source Serebii, this was not limited in that territory, however, as a similar trademark filed around the same time as "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" was registered under the name "Pokemon Delta Emerald.
However, one possible explanation here according to the source is that it may not necessarily be a game release but rather a possible version besides the two previously announced by Nintendo.
Officially, over at Pokemon.com, the only titles that are slated for release on November 2014 is "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," which will be remakes of the 2003 original game. Fans are also looking forward to these two upcoming games, as this is now the much-requested and speculated Hoenn remake of the game.
"Pokemon X and Y" Battle Updates
As for the current Pokemon game, "Pokemon X and Y," there are also new battles that will be running throughout June. The first is the Battle Competition, which is the 2014 International Challenge June.
Announced by Pokemon.com, this online competition will be open to all "Pokemon X and Y" players all over the world. Registration starts on June 12, Thursday until June 19, Thursday, at 11:59 p.m. UTC. But registration can reach its limit beforehand, if the player cap is reached before the official deadline of registration. The actual start of the competition will be on June 20, Friday, 12:00 a.m. UTC.
Serebii has also announced the start of registration for the Think Fast! Single Battle, which will run until June 6. Entrants will get 1,000 PokeMiles, and the competition itself will feature some new rules.
Among these are the Single Battle competition, eligibility of Pokemon in the National Pokedex and the requirement of hatching or catching in Kalos. Given the title of the competition, it will also limit the players' time to select moves. The Think Fast! Competition will run from June 6 to June 9.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6