‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Joined By ‘Delta Emerald’ Plus ‘Pokemon X and Y’ Updates
By Gel Galang | May 30, 2014 1:27 PM EST
The next Pokemon game, titled "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" might just be looking at another version in the form of "Delta Emerald."
This is based on a recent trademark sighting, supposedly registered by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. in Japan. According to Pokemon News source Serebii, this was not limited in that territory, however, as a similar trademark filed around the same time as "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" was registered under the name "Pokemon Delta Emerald.
However, one possible explanation here according to the source is that it may not necessarily be a game release but rather a possible version besides the two previously announced by Nintendo.
Officially, over at Pokemon.com, the only titles that are slated for release on November 2014 is "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," which will be remakes of the 2003 original game. Fans are also looking forward to these two upcoming games, as this is now the much-requested and speculated Hoenn remake of the game.
"Pokemon X and Y" Battle Updates
As for the current Pokemon game, "Pokemon X and Y," there are also new battles that will be running throughout June. The first is the Battle Competition, which is the 2014 International Challenge June.
Announced by Pokemon.com, this online competition will be open to all "Pokemon X and Y" players all over the world. Registration starts on June 12, Thursday until June 19, Thursday, at 11:59 p.m. UTC. But registration can reach its limit beforehand, if the player cap is reached before the official deadline of registration. The actual start of the competition will be on June 20, Friday, 12:00 a.m. UTC.
Serebii has also announced the start of registration for the Think Fast! Single Battle, which will run until June 6. Entrants will get 1,000 PokeMiles, and the competition itself will feature some new rules.
Among these are the Single Battle competition, eligibility of Pokemon in the National Pokedex and the requirement of hatching or catching in Kalos. Given the title of the competition, it will also limit the players' time to select moves. The Think Fast! Competition will run from June 6 to June 9.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles