‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Joined By ‘Delta Emerald’ Plus ‘Pokemon X and Y’ Updates
By Gel Galang | May 30, 2014 1:27 PM EST
The next Pokemon game, titled "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" might just be looking at another version in the form of "Delta Emerald."
This is based on a recent trademark sighting, supposedly registered by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. in Japan. According to Pokemon News source Serebii, this was not limited in that territory, however, as a similar trademark filed around the same time as "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" was registered under the name "Pokemon Delta Emerald.
However, one possible explanation here according to the source is that it may not necessarily be a game release but rather a possible version besides the two previously announced by Nintendo.
Officially, over at Pokemon.com, the only titles that are slated for release on November 2014 is "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," which will be remakes of the 2003 original game. Fans are also looking forward to these two upcoming games, as this is now the much-requested and speculated Hoenn remake of the game.
"Pokemon X and Y" Battle Updates
As for the current Pokemon game, "Pokemon X and Y," there are also new battles that will be running throughout June. The first is the Battle Competition, which is the 2014 International Challenge June.
Announced by Pokemon.com, this online competition will be open to all "Pokemon X and Y" players all over the world. Registration starts on June 12, Thursday until June 19, Thursday, at 11:59 p.m. UTC. But registration can reach its limit beforehand, if the player cap is reached before the official deadline of registration. The actual start of the competition will be on June 20, Friday, 12:00 a.m. UTC.
Serebii has also announced the start of registration for the Think Fast! Single Battle, which will run until June 6. Entrants will get 1,000 PokeMiles, and the competition itself will feature some new rules.
Among these are the Single Battle competition, eligibility of Pokemon in the National Pokedex and the requirement of hatching or catching in Kalos. Given the title of the competition, it will also limit the players' time to select moves. The Think Fast! Competition will run from June 6 to June 9.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James