'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Talks about Rebekah, Mikael and Esther's Return
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 30, 2014 1:22 PM EST
Fans of the Mikaelson family will be hooked on "The Originals" Season 2 as the family members return with one helping out while the others bring trouble to Original hybrid Klaus (Joseph Morgan). Executive producer Julie Plec talked about what the new season will offer with Rebekah's (Claire Holt) return as well as Esther (Alice Evans) and Mikael (Sebastian Roché) coming back from the dead.
Original blonde vampire Rebekah Mikaelson made a brief appearance in "The Originals" Season 1 finale when she took Klaus' daughter to protect her from the enemies. The question "Will Rebekah come back for good and be reunited with her siblings?" is often asked and Julie Plec gave her response to the burning question in the TV Line interview.
"This is not the last we've seen of her. Honestly, I definitely know we'll see her again in certain contexts," Julie Plec revealed. The executive producer added that they would definitely check in on Claire Holt from time to time since the Australian actress' character has Klaus' hybrid daughter.
The Wet Paint report ponders on what Rebekah will do once she finds out that her parents are back as well as her other brother, Finn. Rebekah could return to help Klaus and Elijah (Daniel Gilles) face their family issues or she will continue hiding from the enemies to protect her niece, Hope.
As for Esther and Mikael's return, Julie Plec teased that the first couple of episodes in "The Originals" Season 2 will play out on Klaus and Elijah becoming aware of their parents' return. Plec described that it will be fun and great to watch because of Klaus' shock when he finds out there is not only one but two nasty entities from his upbringing are back in New Orleans.
The executive producer further discussed that a Mikaelson reunion is bound to happen since the CW spinoff series has always been about family. "Losing Rebekah was sad for us, so it just got us talking and thinking about how to expand the family universe a bit. We've been juggling a lot of these ideas for a long time, and when all was said and done, we decided to just go for all of it," Plec explained.
"The Originals" will be returning with Season 2 on a new schedule set on Monday nights at 8 pm at the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Aussie Actress Phoebe Tonkin Teases Klaus-Hayley Moment, Promo Poster Reveals Elijah Becomes Desperate in Saving Hayley - [READ]
'The Originals' Episode 22 'From a Cradle to a Grave' Recap/Spoilers: A Family Reunion Set to Happen, Terrifying Characters Return - [READ]
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Klaus to Meet His New Witch Enemy, Lenore - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown