'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Talks about Rebekah, Mikael and Esther's Return
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 30, 2014 1:22 PM EST
Fans of the Mikaelson family will be hooked on "The Originals" Season 2 as the family members return with one helping out while the others bring trouble to Original hybrid Klaus (Joseph Morgan). Executive producer Julie Plec talked about what the new season will offer with Rebekah's (Claire Holt) return as well as Esther (Alice Evans) and Mikael (Sebastian Roché) coming back from the dead.
Original blonde vampire Rebekah Mikaelson made a brief appearance in "The Originals" Season 1 finale when she took Klaus' daughter to protect her from the enemies. The question "Will Rebekah come back for good and be reunited with her siblings?" is often asked and Julie Plec gave her response to the burning question in the TV Line interview.
"This is not the last we've seen of her. Honestly, I definitely know we'll see her again in certain contexts," Julie Plec revealed. The executive producer added that they would definitely check in on Claire Holt from time to time since the Australian actress' character has Klaus' hybrid daughter.
The Wet Paint report ponders on what Rebekah will do once she finds out that her parents are back as well as her other brother, Finn. Rebekah could return to help Klaus and Elijah (Daniel Gilles) face their family issues or she will continue hiding from the enemies to protect her niece, Hope.
As for Esther and Mikael's return, Julie Plec teased that the first couple of episodes in "The Originals" Season 2 will play out on Klaus and Elijah becoming aware of their parents' return. Plec described that it will be fun and great to watch because of Klaus' shock when he finds out there is not only one but two nasty entities from his upbringing are back in New Orleans.
The executive producer further discussed that a Mikaelson reunion is bound to happen since the CW spinoff series has always been about family. "Losing Rebekah was sad for us, so it just got us talking and thinking about how to expand the family universe a bit. We've been juggling a lot of these ideas for a long time, and when all was said and done, we decided to just go for all of it," Plec explained.
"The Originals" will be returning with Season 2 on a new schedule set on Monday nights at 8 pm at the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Aussie Actress Phoebe Tonkin Teases Klaus-Hayley Moment, Promo Poster Reveals Elijah Becomes Desperate in Saving Hayley - [READ]
'The Originals' Episode 22 'From a Cradle to a Grave' Recap/Spoilers: A Family Reunion Set to Happen, Terrifying Characters Return - [READ]
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Klaus to Meet His New Witch Enemy, Lenore - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015