'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Talks about Rebekah, Mikael and Esther's Return
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 30, 2014 1:22 PM EST
Fans of the Mikaelson family will be hooked on "The Originals" Season 2 as the family members return with one helping out while the others bring trouble to Original hybrid Klaus (Joseph Morgan). Executive producer Julie Plec talked about what the new season will offer with Rebekah's (Claire Holt) return as well as Esther (Alice Evans) and Mikael (Sebastian Roché) coming back from the dead.
Original blonde vampire Rebekah Mikaelson made a brief appearance in "The Originals" Season 1 finale when she took Klaus' daughter to protect her from the enemies. The question "Will Rebekah come back for good and be reunited with her siblings?" is often asked and Julie Plec gave her response to the burning question in the TV Line interview.
"This is not the last we've seen of her. Honestly, I definitely know we'll see her again in certain contexts," Julie Plec revealed. The executive producer added that they would definitely check in on Claire Holt from time to time since the Australian actress' character has Klaus' hybrid daughter.
The Wet Paint report ponders on what Rebekah will do once she finds out that her parents are back as well as her other brother, Finn. Rebekah could return to help Klaus and Elijah (Daniel Gilles) face their family issues or she will continue hiding from the enemies to protect her niece, Hope.
As for Esther and Mikael's return, Julie Plec teased that the first couple of episodes in "The Originals" Season 2 will play out on Klaus and Elijah becoming aware of their parents' return. Plec described that it will be fun and great to watch because of Klaus' shock when he finds out there is not only one but two nasty entities from his upbringing are back in New Orleans.
The executive producer further discussed that a Mikaelson reunion is bound to happen since the CW spinoff series has always been about family. "Losing Rebekah was sad for us, so it just got us talking and thinking about how to expand the family universe a bit. We've been juggling a lot of these ideas for a long time, and when all was said and done, we decided to just go for all of it," Plec explained.
"The Originals" will be returning with Season 2 on a new schedule set on Monday nights at 8 pm at the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Aussie Actress Phoebe Tonkin Teases Klaus-Hayley Moment, Promo Poster Reveals Elijah Becomes Desperate in Saving Hayley - [READ]
'The Originals' Episode 22 'From a Cradle to a Grave' Recap/Spoilers: A Family Reunion Set to Happen, Terrifying Characters Return - [READ]
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Klaus to Meet His New Witch Enemy, Lenore - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date