Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi Shut Divorce Reports: Couple Have Special Plans to Celebrate Wedding Anniversary in Australia
By jaskiran kaur | May 30, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Power couple Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi were said to be on the brink of divorce. Their marriage allegedly was going through difficult patch. Latest reports about the couple shut down the divorce rumours as they suggest that the couple is on the path of "renewing" vows on a very special occasion in Australia.
Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and TV actress Portia De Rossi married in 2008 in an intimate ceremony. The couple has been together since they tied the knot and will be celebrating sixth year of their marriage in August. On the special occasion of their wedding anniversary, the mega-power couple is planning to "renew their wedding vows," according to Daily Mail. The publication notes that the couple is set to host a "lavish ceremony" on the occasion and the party will take place in Sydney.
The UK publication also reports claims by OK Magazine about the high profile lesbian couple. The Magazine claims that Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi "want to show their commitment to each other" as these divorce rumours have surrounded the couple for a long time now. In December, they were compelled to deny reports claiming trouble in their married life.
"There have been a lot of headlines suggesting that their relationship is in trouble. They want to quash them," told the insider to the magazine.
Not only do they want to celebrate their togetherness, but they have a bigger purpose. "They want it to be in Sydney because the city has a big gay population, and they want to help spur the acceptance of same-sex marriage," adds the source.
Rumours about their divorce are running rampant. Gossip about the couple goes as far as claiming that the couple is headed to adopt a baby. But the news has not been confirmed by either of them.
In an interview with People Magazine, Ellen DeGeneres talked about the divorce rumours. "I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do," DeGeneres told, denying any marriage trouble with her partner Portia De Rossi.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones