Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi Shut Divorce Reports: Couple Have Special Plans to Celebrate Wedding Anniversary in Australia
By jaskiran kaur | May 30, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Power couple Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi were said to be on the brink of divorce. Their marriage allegedly was going through difficult patch. Latest reports about the couple shut down the divorce rumours as they suggest that the couple is on the path of "renewing" vows on a very special occasion in Australia.
Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and TV actress Portia De Rossi married in 2008 in an intimate ceremony. The couple has been together since they tied the knot and will be celebrating sixth year of their marriage in August. On the special occasion of their wedding anniversary, the mega-power couple is planning to "renew their wedding vows," according to Daily Mail. The publication notes that the couple is set to host a "lavish ceremony" on the occasion and the party will take place in Sydney.
The UK publication also reports claims by OK Magazine about the high profile lesbian couple. The Magazine claims that Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi "want to show their commitment to each other" as these divorce rumours have surrounded the couple for a long time now. In December, they were compelled to deny reports claiming trouble in their married life.
"There have been a lot of headlines suggesting that their relationship is in trouble. They want to quash them," told the insider to the magazine.
Not only do they want to celebrate their togetherness, but they have a bigger purpose. "They want it to be in Sydney because the city has a big gay population, and they want to help spur the acceptance of same-sex marriage," adds the source.
Rumours about their divorce are running rampant. Gossip about the couple goes as far as claiming that the couple is headed to adopt a baby. But the news has not been confirmed by either of them.
In an interview with People Magazine, Ellen DeGeneres talked about the divorce rumours. "I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do," DeGeneres told, denying any marriage trouble with her partner Portia De Rossi.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales