Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi Shut Divorce Reports: Couple Have Special Plans to Celebrate Wedding Anniversary in Australia
By jaskiran kaur | May 30, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Power couple Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi were said to be on the brink of divorce. Their marriage allegedly was going through difficult patch. Latest reports about the couple shut down the divorce rumours as they suggest that the couple is on the path of "renewing" vows on a very special occasion in Australia.
Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and TV actress Portia De Rossi married in 2008 in an intimate ceremony. The couple has been together since they tied the knot and will be celebrating sixth year of their marriage in August. On the special occasion of their wedding anniversary, the mega-power couple is planning to "renew their wedding vows," according to Daily Mail. The publication notes that the couple is set to host a "lavish ceremony" on the occasion and the party will take place in Sydney.
The UK publication also reports claims by OK Magazine about the high profile lesbian couple. The Magazine claims that Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi "want to show their commitment to each other" as these divorce rumours have surrounded the couple for a long time now. In December, they were compelled to deny reports claiming trouble in their married life.
"There have been a lot of headlines suggesting that their relationship is in trouble. They want to quash them," told the insider to the magazine.
Not only do they want to celebrate their togetherness, but they have a bigger purpose. "They want it to be in Sydney because the city has a big gay population, and they want to help spur the acceptance of same-sex marriage," adds the source.
Rumours about their divorce are running rampant. Gossip about the couple goes as far as claiming that the couple is headed to adopt a baby. But the news has not been confirmed by either of them.
In an interview with People Magazine, Ellen DeGeneres talked about the divorce rumours. "I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do," DeGeneres told, denying any marriage trouble with her partner Portia De Rossi.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report