Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi Shut Divorce Reports: Couple Have Special Plans to Celebrate Wedding Anniversary in Australia
By jaskiran kaur | May 30, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Power couple Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi were said to be on the brink of divorce. Their marriage allegedly was going through difficult patch. Latest reports about the couple shut down the divorce rumours as they suggest that the couple is on the path of "renewing" vows on a very special occasion in Australia.
Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and TV actress Portia De Rossi married in 2008 in an intimate ceremony. The couple has been together since they tied the knot and will be celebrating sixth year of their marriage in August. On the special occasion of their wedding anniversary, the mega-power couple is planning to "renew their wedding vows," according to Daily Mail. The publication notes that the couple is set to host a "lavish ceremony" on the occasion and the party will take place in Sydney.
The UK publication also reports claims by OK Magazine about the high profile lesbian couple. The Magazine claims that Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi "want to show their commitment to each other" as these divorce rumours have surrounded the couple for a long time now. In December, they were compelled to deny reports claiming trouble in their married life.
"There have been a lot of headlines suggesting that their relationship is in trouble. They want to quash them," told the insider to the magazine.
Not only do they want to celebrate their togetherness, but they have a bigger purpose. "They want it to be in Sydney because the city has a big gay population, and they want to help spur the acceptance of same-sex marriage," adds the source.
Rumours about their divorce are running rampant. Gossip about the couple goes as far as claiming that the couple is headed to adopt a baby. But the news has not been confirmed by either of them.
In an interview with People Magazine, Ellen DeGeneres talked about the divorce rumours. "I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do," DeGeneres told, denying any marriage trouble with her partner Portia De Rossi.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS