Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi Shut Divorce Reports: Couple Have Special Plans to Celebrate Wedding Anniversary in Australia
By jaskiran kaur | May 30, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Power couple Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi were said to be on the brink of divorce. Their marriage allegedly was going through difficult patch. Latest reports about the couple shut down the divorce rumours as they suggest that the couple is on the path of "renewing" vows on a very special occasion in Australia.
Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and TV actress Portia De Rossi married in 2008 in an intimate ceremony. The couple has been together since they tied the knot and will be celebrating sixth year of their marriage in August. On the special occasion of their wedding anniversary, the mega-power couple is planning to "renew their wedding vows," according to Daily Mail. The publication notes that the couple is set to host a "lavish ceremony" on the occasion and the party will take place in Sydney.
The UK publication also reports claims by OK Magazine about the high profile lesbian couple. The Magazine claims that Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi "want to show their commitment to each other" as these divorce rumours have surrounded the couple for a long time now. In December, they were compelled to deny reports claiming trouble in their married life.
"There have been a lot of headlines suggesting that their relationship is in trouble. They want to quash them," told the insider to the magazine.
Not only do they want to celebrate their togetherness, but they have a bigger purpose. "They want it to be in Sydney because the city has a big gay population, and they want to help spur the acceptance of same-sex marriage," adds the source.
Rumours about their divorce are running rampant. Gossip about the couple goes as far as claiming that the couple is headed to adopt a baby. But the news has not been confirmed by either of them.
In an interview with People Magazine, Ellen DeGeneres talked about the divorce rumours. "I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do," DeGeneres told, denying any marriage trouble with her partner Portia De Rossi.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch