Celebrity Chef Gordon Ramsay Slaps Former Business Partner Rowan Seibel with Lawsuit
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 30, 2014 1:11 PM EST
Gordon Ramsay is apparently not happy for being called a "dictator" by his former business associate. The celebrity chef is suing Rowan Seibel back after calling him a "fraud." Ramsay said that Seibel tried taking advantage of his reputation. Seibel "has tried to ride Ramsay's star, but through his own fraud, misconduct, and derelictions, brought The Fat Cow restaurant crashing down," he said.
A tourist eats orzo pasta with crickets during "Bug Chef" David Gordon's (not pictured) 4th annual "Bug-A-Thon" event at Ripley's Believe It or Not museum in Hollywood, California May 23, 2014.
The Scottish chef said in his suit that Seibel "first became involved with Mr. Ramsay in 2011 by falsely telling Mr. Ramsay that he needed Seibel to provide contacts essential for Las Vegas restaurant ventures. Then, when Seibel learned in 2012 that Mr. Ramsay intended to open a new restaurant in Los Angeles to be called The Fat Cow, Seibel begged to be included, this time falsely promising Mr. Ramsay that Seibel would be an invaluable partner because of his significant restaurant experience."
The court papers further said that Seibel had taken "control of the restaurant and proved egregiously inept in its management." "As a result, the restaurant had food, service and business operations far below Mr. Ramsay's exacting standards. Siebel's incompetent operations generated negative restaurant reviews and criticism from the restaurant's landlord."
The Hell's Kitchen chef accused Seibel of being responsible for the "losses" and "legal proceedings" the restaurant had to face. "Because of Seibel's misconduct, The Fat Cow faced mounting losses and also legal proceedings. For example, Seibel's team mis-paid certain employees, resulting in thousands of dollars in penalties and back wage assessments from the California Labor Commissioner. Seibel hid these proceedings from Ramsay. Eventually, other employees filed a class action lawsuit complaining about pay and labor practices implemented under Seibel's control," the papers of the $10.8 million lawsuit said.
Seibel has earlier filed a lawsuit against Ramsay that the latter had been making malicious and false accusations about The Fat Cow. Meanwhile, when Page Six tried contacting Seibel's attorney, there was no immediate return of call.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Newlyweds Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Honeymoon Details, Couple On Board Luxury Yacht In Malta [SEE VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- 5 Scents For Men That Are Perfect For Fall 2014 Including Tom Ford Noir And Burberry Brit Rhythm For Men [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 5 Scents For Women That Are Perfect For Fall 2014 Including Burberry My Burberry And Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Artist Cancels Exhibit of Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton’s Nude Photos
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date