‘Downton Abbey’ Season 5: Introduction of Lady’s Maid to Violet, Creator Gets ‘Doctor Who’ Inspired
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 30, 2014 1:07 PM EST
Sue Johnston is the latest actor to join the cast-list of "Downton Abbey" Season 5. She will be seen in a guest role, playing a character called Denker.
Denker will be introduced as Lady's Maid to Violet, the Dowager Countess of Grantham. Johnston is not the only one who will guest star in the upcoming season 5 of the popular period drama, "Downton Abbey."
As previously reported, Richard E. Grant, Anna Chancellor and Rade Sherbedgia have been roped-in, as well. Grant is playing the character called Simon Bricker. He will be seen visiting Downton Abbey as a guest of the Granthams.
Chancellor also joins the cast to play the character of Lady Anstruther. It is a guest role. Sherbedgia will be playing a Russian refugee, Kuragin, who has fled the Russian revolution after the First World War.
Dame Harriet Walter will be returning to reprise her role as Lady Shackleton, along with Peter Egan, returning as Lord Flintshire, according to a statement released by ITV.
Meanwhile, Julian Fellowes, creator of "Downton Abbey," wants to have simultaneous broadcast of his show in Britain and America. The broadcast of "Doctor Who" 50th anniversary special, which was telecasted in 75 countries at the same time, has inspired Fellowes.
"I want to have simultaneous transmission in America and Britain," he said to Telegraph. "The difficulty that we have is that people are discussing the series as it happens online before America's seen it and on the internet we're all in the same company. It's madness."
"The BBC have shown it can be done because they did it with "Doctor Who" so all this talk that it's impossible is wrong," he said.
"Downton Abbey" airs on Channel 7 in Australia. The Season 4 premiered on Feb. 23, 2014 in Australia, while in the U.S. the premiere date was January 05, 2014. And, it premiered on September 22, 2013 in UK.
In Britain, "Downton Abbey" is expected to return sometime this autumn with Season 5. And, again at Christmas 2014, a feature length episode will be telecasted. The broadcast of Season 5 in the U.S. and Australian is likely to happen in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes