‘Downton Abbey’ Season 5: Introduction of Lady’s Maid to Violet, Creator Gets ‘Doctor Who’ Inspired
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 30, 2014 1:07 PM EST
Sue Johnston is the latest actor to join the cast-list of "Downton Abbey" Season 5. She will be seen in a guest role, playing a character called Denker.
Denker will be introduced as Lady's Maid to Violet, the Dowager Countess of Grantham. Johnston is not the only one who will guest star in the upcoming season 5 of the popular period drama, "Downton Abbey."
As previously reported, Richard E. Grant, Anna Chancellor and Rade Sherbedgia have been roped-in, as well. Grant is playing the character called Simon Bricker. He will be seen visiting Downton Abbey as a guest of the Granthams.
Chancellor also joins the cast to play the character of Lady Anstruther. It is a guest role. Sherbedgia will be playing a Russian refugee, Kuragin, who has fled the Russian revolution after the First World War.
Dame Harriet Walter will be returning to reprise her role as Lady Shackleton, along with Peter Egan, returning as Lord Flintshire, according to a statement released by ITV.
Meanwhile, Julian Fellowes, creator of "Downton Abbey," wants to have simultaneous broadcast of his show in Britain and America. The broadcast of "Doctor Who" 50th anniversary special, which was telecasted in 75 countries at the same time, has inspired Fellowes.
"I want to have simultaneous transmission in America and Britain," he said to Telegraph. "The difficulty that we have is that people are discussing the series as it happens online before America's seen it and on the internet we're all in the same company. It's madness."
"The BBC have shown it can be done because they did it with "Doctor Who" so all this talk that it's impossible is wrong," he said.
"Downton Abbey" airs on Channel 7 in Australia. The Season 4 premiered on Feb. 23, 2014 in Australia, while in the U.S. the premiere date was January 05, 2014. And, it premiered on September 22, 2013 in UK.
In Britain, "Downton Abbey" is expected to return sometime this autumn with Season 5. And, again at Christmas 2014, a feature length episode will be telecasted. The broadcast of Season 5 in the U.S. and Australian is likely to happen in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports