‘Battlefield Hardline’ Won’t Cause BF4 Abandonment, DICE Details Improvements
By Gel Galang | May 30, 2014 12:57 PM EST
With news of the existence of "Battlefield Hardline" now being the fuel for the hype train of E3 2014, some fans may have started worrying about what will now happen to "Battlefield 4."
Aside from the bugs that continue to plague gamers, there are still the issues of undelivered DLCs as well as the expected improvements coming out with new systems created by the developer.
Karl Magnus Troedsson, DICE VP and general manager, has taken on the task of reassuring fans that they will not be abandoning the title anytime soon.
"I want to be sure you all understand that introducing Hardline in no way means we're done working on 'Battlefield 4'. Nothing could be further from the truth," said Troedsson via the Battlefield Blog. "The Visceral team is leading the development of 'Hardline,' while the DICE team continues to drive BF4. We are committed to giving you the best BF4 experience possible."
Some of the expected improvements for "Battlefield 4" include the netcode patch, where the team is supposedly working on a major update. Troedsson has also stated that continued and dedicated support will be given to the title, as there are "Battlefield 4" teams located in Stockholm, Los Angeles and Uppsala who are all continually addressing any issues found. Part of these dedicated teams is the possibility of having significant additions to the game.
The recently launched Community Test Environment will also not be dropped anytime soon, with DICE even having plans for expanding the program. This means that more players will be able to try for the CTE program and test the new additions before they become official to the public.
Lastly, features that have been rolling out, including Squad Join, Rent-a-Server and the recent method of acquiring Battlepacks will become a regular trend for "Battlefield 4." The addition of features will be based on the community, for a lot of the already released new features have been the most requested so far.
"We also continue to work hard to keep investing in areas where you tell us you see opportunities for improvements and new features," said Troedsson. "Yes, we're very excited to partner with Visceral on the development of 'Battlefield Hardline," but ongoing work to refine and enhance BF4 remains a top priority."
DLC in Progress: Final Stand
As far as the promised "Battlefield 4" DLCs are concerned, the fifth and last one, titled "Final Stand' is still yet to be teased, while the fourth DLC, "Dragon's Teeth" is not yet out in the market.
So far the only leak related to the Final Stand DLC was reported previously by BF4Only, citing a Reddit source that has also leaked the Dragon's Teeth map. According to the source, Final Stand will have the following proposed names: Arctic Research, Sub Base, Walker Factory and Titan. The pegged release date is September 2 for premium and September 16 to the general public.
This previous leak had gotten one map for Dragon's Teeth exactly right, "Propaganda," but the others are pretty close enough, with the predicted Marketplace being "Pearl Market" and the Urban Garden finally called "Lumphini Garden."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display