‘Battlefield Hardline’ Won’t Cause BF4 Abandonment, DICE Details Improvements
By Gel Galang | May 30, 2014 12:57 PM EST
With news of the existence of "Battlefield Hardline" now being the fuel for the hype train of E3 2014, some fans may have started worrying about what will now happen to "Battlefield 4."
Aside from the bugs that continue to plague gamers, there are still the issues of undelivered DLCs as well as the expected improvements coming out with new systems created by the developer.
Karl Magnus Troedsson, DICE VP and general manager, has taken on the task of reassuring fans that they will not be abandoning the title anytime soon.
"I want to be sure you all understand that introducing Hardline in no way means we're done working on 'Battlefield 4'. Nothing could be further from the truth," said Troedsson via the Battlefield Blog. "The Visceral team is leading the development of 'Hardline,' while the DICE team continues to drive BF4. We are committed to giving you the best BF4 experience possible."
Some of the expected improvements for "Battlefield 4" include the netcode patch, where the team is supposedly working on a major update. Troedsson has also stated that continued and dedicated support will be given to the title, as there are "Battlefield 4" teams located in Stockholm, Los Angeles and Uppsala who are all continually addressing any issues found. Part of these dedicated teams is the possibility of having significant additions to the game.
The recently launched Community Test Environment will also not be dropped anytime soon, with DICE even having plans for expanding the program. This means that more players will be able to try for the CTE program and test the new additions before they become official to the public.
Lastly, features that have been rolling out, including Squad Join, Rent-a-Server and the recent method of acquiring Battlepacks will become a regular trend for "Battlefield 4." The addition of features will be based on the community, for a lot of the already released new features have been the most requested so far.
"We also continue to work hard to keep investing in areas where you tell us you see opportunities for improvements and new features," said Troedsson. "Yes, we're very excited to partner with Visceral on the development of 'Battlefield Hardline," but ongoing work to refine and enhance BF4 remains a top priority."
DLC in Progress: Final Stand
As far as the promised "Battlefield 4" DLCs are concerned, the fifth and last one, titled "Final Stand' is still yet to be teased, while the fourth DLC, "Dragon's Teeth" is not yet out in the market.
So far the only leak related to the Final Stand DLC was reported previously by BF4Only, citing a Reddit source that has also leaked the Dragon's Teeth map. According to the source, Final Stand will have the following proposed names: Arctic Research, Sub Base, Walker Factory and Titan. The pegged release date is September 2 for premium and September 16 to the general public.
This previous leak had gotten one map for Dragon's Teeth exactly right, "Propaganda," but the others are pretty close enough, with the predicted Marketplace being "Pearl Market" and the Urban Garden finally called "Lumphini Garden."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0