‘Battlefield Hardline’ Won’t Cause BF4 Abandonment, DICE Details Improvements
By Gel Galang | May 30, 2014 12:57 PM EST
With news of the existence of "Battlefield Hardline" now being the fuel for the hype train of E3 2014, some fans may have started worrying about what will now happen to "Battlefield 4."
Aside from the bugs that continue to plague gamers, there are still the issues of undelivered DLCs as well as the expected improvements coming out with new systems created by the developer.
Karl Magnus Troedsson, DICE VP and general manager, has taken on the task of reassuring fans that they will not be abandoning the title anytime soon.
"I want to be sure you all understand that introducing Hardline in no way means we're done working on 'Battlefield 4'. Nothing could be further from the truth," said Troedsson via the Battlefield Blog. "The Visceral team is leading the development of 'Hardline,' while the DICE team continues to drive BF4. We are committed to giving you the best BF4 experience possible."
Some of the expected improvements for "Battlefield 4" include the netcode patch, where the team is supposedly working on a major update. Troedsson has also stated that continued and dedicated support will be given to the title, as there are "Battlefield 4" teams located in Stockholm, Los Angeles and Uppsala who are all continually addressing any issues found. Part of these dedicated teams is the possibility of having significant additions to the game.
The recently launched Community Test Environment will also not be dropped anytime soon, with DICE even having plans for expanding the program. This means that more players will be able to try for the CTE program and test the new additions before they become official to the public.
Lastly, features that have been rolling out, including Squad Join, Rent-a-Server and the recent method of acquiring Battlepacks will become a regular trend for "Battlefield 4." The addition of features will be based on the community, for a lot of the already released new features have been the most requested so far.
"We also continue to work hard to keep investing in areas where you tell us you see opportunities for improvements and new features," said Troedsson. "Yes, we're very excited to partner with Visceral on the development of 'Battlefield Hardline," but ongoing work to refine and enhance BF4 remains a top priority."
DLC in Progress: Final Stand
As far as the promised "Battlefield 4" DLCs are concerned, the fifth and last one, titled "Final Stand' is still yet to be teased, while the fourth DLC, "Dragon's Teeth" is not yet out in the market.
So far the only leak related to the Final Stand DLC was reported previously by BF4Only, citing a Reddit source that has also leaked the Dragon's Teeth map. According to the source, Final Stand will have the following proposed names: Arctic Research, Sub Base, Walker Factory and Titan. The pegged release date is September 2 for premium and September 16 to the general public.
This previous leak had gotten one map for Dragon's Teeth exactly right, "Propaganda," but the others are pretty close enough, with the predicted Marketplace being "Pearl Market" and the Urban Garden finally called "Lumphini Garden."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best