'Battlefield Hardline' Trailer Released
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 30, 2014 10:41 AM EST
The trailer of EA's upcoming first-person shooter franchise "Battlefield Hardline" appears to have leaked through the YouTube user TonyGun38's channel.
Just recently, EA officially unveiled "Battefield Hardline's" existence. The class-based shooter leaked out from the series' official Web site, where it has been listed for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows PC.
You can see from this video the driving, zip lines and shooting in the apparent "Battlefield Hardline" trailer. The first-person shooter is being created as collaboration between the Battlefield series developer EA DICE, which will be in charge of the multiplayer version, and Dead Space developer Visceral Games, which will handle creating the campaign. Basically, the game will offer squad-based multiplayer that will put players in races and heists while pitting cops against criminals.
"No matter your play style or preferred side of the law, there is a multiplayer mode for you," the narrator claims.
"Battlefield Hardline's" Omaha campaign stars criminals and cops, and is notably influenced by television dramas. Every episode is crafted to be played multiple times in destructible settings.
"All of this destruction and mayhem, along with having multiple Levolution events, effecting maps and gameplay makes Omaha the most visually diverse Battlefield yet," the narrator claims.
Thus far, EA is expected to reveal more about the "Battlefield Hardline" at this year's E3, where it plans to reveal six new games. E3 will start on June 10 and we expect to know them during the event.
Meanwhile, Steve Papoutsis, Visceral's vice president and general manager, recently took to Twitter to confirm the authenticity of the leaked video. He also said that the gameplay revealed is already about six months old and came from an "internal meeting."
"Excited to see so much buzz for the old footage," he tweeted. "Love it. Can't wait to show you how much further the team has taken things."
Papoutsis further claimed that developers will reveal more on June 9 at E3 2014 and "maybe even a little more before then if you want it."
Up till now, fans just need to wait and see what is in store for them from the "Battlefield Hardline."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports