WWDC 2014: Possible Apple Announcements at the Developers Conference
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 30, 2014 10:22 AM EST
As of last week, Apple officially announced the WWDC 2014 schedule, which gave people expectations on what updates and new hardware to wait for. With the WWDC 2014 keynote starting on June 2, rumours are abuzz on what the Cupertino tech giant will possibly unveil during its yearly developers' conference.
What will apple release next week? Will it be its new iPhone 6, iOS or the new OS X 10.10?
It is expected that Apple will surely reveal its new iOS and OS X software updates in WWDC 2014. Around five thousand developers in attendance will definitely delight in seeing the widely awaited iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 a few days from now. But will Apple release any new hardware now?
The WWDC is a known event where Apple typically release its latest software updates, and it has also been a host to the past hardware announcements. Apple will probably release this year new MacBook models - possibly a Retina MacBook Air or an updated Retina MacBook Pro. Also,it is expected that new iMacs will be unveiled in the said event, considering the shipping times for the devices have increased in Apple's Online Stores on a global level.
On the other hand, will Apple release the iPhone 6 or new iPads in its WWDC 2014 keynote? It is possible as in the past developers' conference, the tech giant has released new smartphones but iPhone debut dates have since been shifted to the fall season. Moreover, the suspected iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 release date is also estimated to unveil anytime in 2014.
How about the much awaited smartwatch from Apple, which is purportedly called the iWatch? As of the moment, it is yet to be announced whether the Apple smartwatch really exists, but some predictions aimed for a 2014 debut date of the talked-about smartwatch. It is also assumed that along with the iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 launches, there is at least on one hardware announcement.
The WWDC 2014 keynote will start Monday, on June 2 at 10 a.m. PT. The conference will last until June 6 at Moscone West in San Francisco.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015