WWDC 2014: Possible Apple Announcements at the Developers Conference
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 30, 2014 10:22 AM EST
As of last week, Apple officially announced the WWDC 2014 schedule, which gave people expectations on what updates and new hardware to wait for. With the WWDC 2014 keynote starting on June 2, rumours are abuzz on what the Cupertino tech giant will possibly unveil during its yearly developers' conference.
What will apple release next week? Will it be its new iPhone 6, iOS or the new OS X 10.10?
It is expected that Apple will surely reveal its new iOS and OS X software updates in WWDC 2014. Around five thousand developers in attendance will definitely delight in seeing the widely awaited iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 a few days from now. But will Apple release any new hardware now?
The WWDC is a known event where Apple typically release its latest software updates, and it has also been a host to the past hardware announcements. Apple will probably release this year new MacBook models - possibly a Retina MacBook Air or an updated Retina MacBook Pro. Also,it is expected that new iMacs will be unveiled in the said event, considering the shipping times for the devices have increased in Apple's Online Stores on a global level.
On the other hand, will Apple release the iPhone 6 or new iPads in its WWDC 2014 keynote? It is possible as in the past developers' conference, the tech giant has released new smartphones but iPhone debut dates have since been shifted to the fall season. Moreover, the suspected iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 release date is also estimated to unveil anytime in 2014.
How about the much awaited smartwatch from Apple, which is purportedly called the iWatch? As of the moment, it is yet to be announced whether the Apple smartwatch really exists, but some predictions aimed for a 2014 debut date of the talked-about smartwatch. It is also assumed that along with the iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 launches, there is at least on one hardware announcement.
The WWDC 2014 keynote will start Monday, on June 2 at 10 a.m. PT. The conference will last until June 6 at Moscone West in San Francisco.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan