Android 4.4.3 Release Confirmed through Samsung's Developer's Site, Top Features to Expect
By Precious Silva | May 30, 2014 9:09 AM EST
Google has been working on unifying its Android platform to create a more consistent or coherent ecosystem. Whereas the Android 4.4 KitKat update sought to lessen the fragmentation issue, Google still has its work cut out for it. Implementation of the Android 4.4 KitKat series update has been taking quite some time with some users reporting about bugs and other problems. Thus the attention over Android 4.4.3 and its bug fixing nature now reportedly spotted over Samsung's developer website.
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
According to a report by SamMobile, the upcoming Android 4.4.3 update was spotted over Samsung's developer site. Previously, a Samsung handset with model number SM-G906 showed up on AnTuTu benchmark. The said device is reportedly considered as the S5 Prime variant running on Android 4.4.3.
The software update that appeared on the developer site is related to addressing issues under the ConsumerIrManager program for units that run on Android software lower than Android 4.4.3. The site did not provide additional details but this support Google's release of the update. Likewise, SamMobile noted that it appears Samsung will be one of the first ones to roll out the update.
The site also reported about two of Samsung's devices shown running on Android 4.4.3. Specifically, the Samsung Galaxy S5 (both Snapdragon and Exynos versions) and Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A variants were spotted running on Android 4.4.3 (build number KTU70). The leaked document also shows units like Galaxy Mega 5.8, Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Galaxy Grand 2 to receive Android 4.4.2.
According to reports, Google has been diligently working to work out a more cohesive Android experience. For instance, Google's Hera is a move towards unifying platforms like Android, Chrome and Search. According to Android Police, the next big update from the company, most probably Android 4.5 Lollipop, will introduce the kind of Android integration that Google wants.
Google's I/O Conference will be this June. It appears both Android 4.4.3 and Android 4.5 updates will make their appearances during the event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation