LG G Optimius Pro Android 4.4.2 KitKat Guide: AT&T Release and More
By Precious Silva | May 30, 2014 8:42 AM EST
According to AT&T starting May 21, LG G Optimus Pro users can update their devices to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. The update is available via Over the Air Software Update for E980. Users can also access the new firmware through firmware over the Air or FOTA available through the wireless network of AT&T. The firmware requires 700-800MB space thus it will not affect much of the user's data usage.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business.
AT&T enumerates the changes that people can expect from the update:
- Restyled status and navigation bars
- New full-screen mode
- Stronger security
- Battery performance improvements
- Google Cloud Printer support
- Enhanced processing speed
While there should not be any harmful effects to the handset following update, users are advised to back up all information, settings and files in their devices. They can either copy their files and other information to a computer, SD card or a third party application. The Play Store offers a range of applications that can help back up data before updating to the software.
Users will receive notification on their devices asking if they want to download the update. AT&T also noted in its page that those who cannot wait for the notification can update manually. When the device prompts the user for update, they can postpone installation every 4 hours and up to 3 times. Once the users reached the maximum number of postponement, the device will automatically save and install the new firmware.
For manual installation, pull the notification bar down then open General tab > Scroll to and tap About phone > Software update > Update now. Follow the instructions given. To verify if the update is installed, go back to General Tab, open About Phone then proceed to Software Information. The following information should be shown:
- Android version: 4.4.2
- Baseband version: APQ8064/MDM9x15M
- Build number: KOT49I.E98020g
- Software version: E98020g
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family