LG G Optimius Pro Android 4.4.2 KitKat Guide: AT&T Release and More
By Precious Silva | May 30, 2014 8:42 AM EST
According to AT&T starting May 21, LG G Optimus Pro users can update their devices to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. The update is available via Over the Air Software Update for E980. Users can also access the new firmware through firmware over the Air or FOTA available through the wireless network of AT&T. The firmware requires 700-800MB space thus it will not affect much of the user's data usage.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business.
AT&T enumerates the changes that people can expect from the update:
- Restyled status and navigation bars
- New full-screen mode
- Stronger security
- Battery performance improvements
- Google Cloud Printer support
- Enhanced processing speed
While there should not be any harmful effects to the handset following update, users are advised to back up all information, settings and files in their devices. They can either copy their files and other information to a computer, SD card or a third party application. The Play Store offers a range of applications that can help back up data before updating to the software.
Users will receive notification on their devices asking if they want to download the update. AT&T also noted in its page that those who cannot wait for the notification can update manually. When the device prompts the user for update, they can postpone installation every 4 hours and up to 3 times. Once the users reached the maximum number of postponement, the device will automatically save and install the new firmware.
For manual installation, pull the notification bar down then open General tab > Scroll to and tap About phone > Software update > Update now. Follow the instructions given. To verify if the update is installed, go back to General Tab, open About Phone then proceed to Software Information. The following information should be shown:
- Android version: 4.4.2
- Baseband version: APQ8064/MDM9x15M
- Build number: KOT49I.E98020g
- Software version: E98020g
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James