Sony Xperia Z, ZL, ZR and Tablet Z Android 4.4 Update: When to Hit Your Region
By Precious Silva | May 29, 2014 11:18 PM EST
Sony, along with other tech manufactures, has been working on rolling out the Android 4.4 KitKat on its series of devices. The company has released the Android 4.3 to the Xperia Z lineup in the previous year. Among those include Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR as well as the Xperia Tablet Z. According to recent information, the Android 4.4.2 KitKat will soon complete reaching the same lineup.
Google's Android 4.3 operating system, is displayed during a Google event at Dogpatch Studio in San Francisco, California, in this July 24, 2013 file photo. A U.S. appeals court on December 4, 2013 closely questioned Google's claim that Oracle does not enjoy copyright protection over certain parts of the Java programming language. Oracle sued Google in 2010, claiming that Google had improperly incorporated parts of Oracle's Java programming language into the Android operating system. REUTERS/Beck Diefenbach/Files
In March this year, Sony has updated its Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 and Z1 Compact line with the KitKat update. The company has also released the Sony Xperia Z2 running on Android 4.4 KitKat in India just recently. The update offered new features and an improved screen. For devices such as the Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Tablet Z, updating to the Android 4.4.2 version will offering the following according to Fone Arena:
- Quick Settings and Status Bar have become more customizable
- The update comes with a live wallpaper andsmoothlaunch animation. The home screen and lock functions appear like the interface of PlayStation 4.
- User interface enhancements especially with Messaging. Users are treated to better Emoji support, more smiley options and fresh send animation.
- Xperia Camera apps can also be accessed directly from the device's viewfinder. These include Creative Effective, personal favorite and similar sections.
- Better user experience for apps like Smart Connect, MyXperia, Messaging, TrackID, Small apps, Sony Select, TrackID TV, Smart Social Camera and similar programs.
The Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Sony Xperia also offers improved battery life. It offers Battery STAMINA Mode which allows the device to manage data better to prolong battery life.Sony has started the roll out which may finish around June or July. Aside from the mentioned devices, Sony will also be rolling out the Android KitKat update to devices such as Sony Xperia M2, Xperia E1 and Xperia T2 Ultra this July according to 3G.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates