Minori: Shironuri Fashionista to Bring Revolution in 'Japanese Street Fashion'
By Sonalee singh | May 29, 2014 9:34 PM EST
Minori, a 23-year-old fashion student, has added a new lease of life to Japanese fashion by bringing in a new style called "shironuri," which means "painted in white."
Minori started a new trend in the streets of Tokyo when she stepped out with her face painted in white while wearing breath-taking floral outfits. She began this unique trend when she was 18. She has been putting her daily outfits in her official Facebook page. You can check out some of the breath-taking styles of Minori here.
The fashion student has been featured in the Vogue. Tokyofashion.com has also given her an extensive coverage.
As Minori took her style to the Japanese streets, her fashion sense is a fresh take on Japanese street fashion. Japan began to copy Western fashion in 19th century. Most of the Japanese trendy ideas are a mixture of modern and traditional.
"Shironuri" is a traditional street fashion in Japan. Traditional "shironuri" fashion includes elements such as kimonos and hakama. This is a general rule to emulate this fashion but is not a hard and fast one. Minori is considered to be the well-known and exceptional artist with this style.
Regarding her fashion statement and painting her face white, Minori said in interview with IBTimes UK, "It is not that I dislike my natural face, however I felt that it did not fit perfectly with the sort of clothes I wished to wear. Compared to the level of strength in the clothing I wore, I felt my face lacked the necessary impact, like it was not being able to keep up with my clothes. With this feeling, I developed the style more until what it is today."
Please read full interview here.
Minori is reportedly considered a huge force in changing the Japanese fashion trend. Tokyo art gallery Qualia Junction has been representing her thus putting out her innovative ideas in the world map.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner - Selena Gomez Feud Takes New Twist: Justin Goes Out On Date With Kendall Leaving Selena Alone [VIDEO]
- Kendall Jenner Rally Together With Cara Delevingne In Fight For Feminism
- Kendall Jenner Dons Another Daring Outfit For Sonia Rykiel At Paris Fashion Week
- Kardashian Sisters Collaborate With Younger Brother Rob For Arthur George Sock Party At DASH Miami
- Kanye West Grabs Kim Kardashian's Ass And She Shows Off More Skin During Paris Fashion Week
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes