‘The Big Bang Theory’: EP Talks Season 7 Ending and Possible Change in Sheldon in Season 8 [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 29, 2014 7:15 PM EST
In "The Big Bang Theory" Season 7 Finale, Sheldon decided to board a train and leave Pasadena, as he felt he has reached his breaking point. The lure of going to Lego land also did not make him go back to his apartment, with Leonard and Penny.
"Leonard, I'm overwhelmed. Everything is changing and its simply too much. I need to get away and think," Sheldon said to Leonard in the episode.
[Youtube/The Big Bang Theory]
Sheldon arrived at the platform after his University did not let him change his research field, Leonard and Penny got engaged and decided to move-in but without Sheldon, Amy said that she can move-in with Sheldon, and Stuart's comic book store burned down. All these changes were too much for Sheldon to handle. Penny realised that it is important for Sheldon to discover himself and convinced Leonard to let Sheldon go.
Talking about what was the goal of the final episode, Steve Molaro, executive producer of "The Big Bang Theory," said to Entertainment Radio that it was to "chip away at Sheldon and break him down to the point where he just needed to leave to process everything."
When asked about how much the Sheldon's character can change, will it be subtle or it will be big, Molaro said, "If you look at the history of the show over the past seven years, they've all changed quite a bit. Its a slow change, that is how we like to do it. Everybody has really grown, Sheldon, Penny, Leonard..."
Molaro said that everyone is making growth in their own way. He talked about how Howard was a sex pound dog and now he is a married man. He also mentioned how Raj can now speak to women and is dating a girl, successfully. In the season finale, Raj kissed and had sex with Emily.
"Our goal is usually to have the characters grow, but still let them be the characters. There's a line to walk," Molaro said.
Molaro revealed that the writing team has yet to begin writing the new season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows