Google Android 4.5 Lollipop to Combine Android and Chrome, June Release and Top Features to Expect
By Precious Silva | May 29, 2014 5:25 PM EST
When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat, it took some time before the OS reached as many devices. Likewise, the firmware and its succeeding minor updates have also received mixed reviews especially after reported bugs and problems. Whereas the reported OS bug fixer, Android 4.4.3 update, still remains missing. Another Android update is slowly coming into the spotlight. Android 4.5 Lollipop will reportedly make an appearance during Google's I/O event. What can people expect?
Intel CEO Brian Krzanich speaks about a dual Windows and Android operating system during his keynote address during the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada January 6, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
From time to time, OS updates meant really big improvements whereas other times, they will only address problems from the previous operating system. For instance, Google's Android 3.0 extended the platform to tablets. The 4.0 edition transformed the user interface setting the rules that allowed Android to appear more cohesive. The Android 4.4 KitKat, on other hand, addressed fragmentation issues allowing older devices to run the new OS.
According to a report by Android Police, another major change may be in order. Google's Hera marks the company's initiative to ensure user experience among its platforms like Search, Chrome and Android to be unified. It is possible through a particular Chromium build that can operate on Android devices and execute commands over the internet for third-party apps and Google.
Android currently offers a multitasking view support. Users can access app snapshots as a "task." Through Hera, the system can provide snapshots or commands done under Chromium. This is a similar approach found on an HTML5-powered intermediate UI. If every major change on the Android OS comes with an update then it is possible for the Android 4.5 or 5.0 Lollipop to emphasize Hera even more.
According to The Fuse Joplin, the Android 4.5 Lollipop update will likely be introduced during the Google I/O Conference. The new OS will reportedly offer additional support for the graphics chipset and processor of Android devices. It should allow gadgets to work with a higher RAM along with increased software drivers. The conference should also provide more information about upcoming hardware cycles like the Nexus line.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]