Angelina Jolie’s ‘Maleficent’ Premiere: Brad Pitt Hit By Notorious Ukrainian Reporter Who Also Pranked Will Smith, Leonardo DiCaprio
By Anne Lu | May 29, 2014 4:23 PM EST
Cast member Angelina Jolie and actor Brad Pitt pose at the premiere of "Maleficent" at El Capitan theatre in Hollywood, California May 28, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on May 30.
The man, identified as Ukranian reporter Vitalii Sediuk, had made contact with Brad’s face before he was nabbed by cops. It’s still unknown what his intentions were. He will be booked for misdemeanour battery.
It’s not the first time Sediuk made a ruckus on the red carpet.
Earlier in February 2014, he ran to Leonardo DiCaprio at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival and dropped to his knees to nuzzle his face against the actor’s crotch for several seconds.
Although stunned, Leonardo managed to smile and forget the incident.
Will Smith wasn’t as forgiving, though.
In 2012, Will slapped Sediuk across the face at the Moscow premiere of “Men in Black 3” after the reporter tried to kiss him on the lips on the red carpet.
In 2013, Sediuk crashed the Grammy Awards stage, proclaiming his love for British songstress Adele when she was announced as the winner for Best Pop Solo Performance.
Jennifer Lopez, who was presenting the trophy, ripped the mic back from him and shooed him off.
“My purpose is to entertain and to show a different emotion of celebrities,” Sediuk explained to The Hollywood Reporter at that time. “I’m not a crazy guy. I just think differently.”
Back to the “Maleficent” premiere, Brad appeared to have brushed off the incident immediately. He was, after all, with his family in a family-friendly movie premiere.
Brad and Angelina were joined by five of their six children – 12-year-old Maddox, 10-year-old Pax, nine-year-old Zahara, eight-year-old Shiloh and five-year-old Knox – on the red carpet. Surprisingly, Knox’s twin sister, Vivienne, who has a brief role in the film as the young Aurora, was not with them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen