Vivienne Jolie-Pitt Makes Big Screen Debut in 'Maleficent'
By Christine Jane Caparras | May 29, 2014 4:04 PM EST
5 year old Vivienne Jolie Pitt is already following in the footsteps of superstar parents Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Vivienne makes her big screen debut in Jolie's film "Maleficent" where she plays the part of young Princess Aurora.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, wearing a silver Elie Saab gown, arrive at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Mike Blake
Elle Fanning plays the grown-up version of the character played by little Vivienne. Princess Aurora is also know as Sleeping Beauty based on the fairytale by the Brothers Grimm and popularized by the Disney Animated Movie.
The Hollywood A-listers said that they do not want to push their six children to follow their footsteps. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are parents to six children. Aside from Vivienne who is five years old, sister Zahara, 9 and brother Pax, 10 also have small walk-in roles in the movie.
Jolie said that she wanted the kids to do it for fun and enjoy the process and only decide when they get older if they wanted to be actors.
"I want them to do it for fun only, and when they get older, if they decide to be actors, I would just ask that that's not the center of their lives, that's an aspect but they are involved in many other things, because I don't think it's a healthy focus as the center of your life," explained Jolie.
It was not only the children who had fun doing the movie though; Jolie and Pitt also had fun and were pleasantly surprised while coaching their little daughter through her scenes.
"The first day was the day she had to catch the butterfly, and she just really didn't feel like doing it, I actually was holding the pole with the ball on the end and bouncing up and down and dancing, trying to make her laugh, and daddy was on the edge of the cliff she had to jump off, making faces and all her brothers and sisters were egging her on, She eventually did it but she was taking her sweet time and not wanting to do it twice, certainly," said Jolie.
"When we did it together, we had a good time, we played together, I was actually shocked that she was doing so well. She went back and hit her mark! It's frightening."
"Maleficent" is expected to top the box office over the weekend but early reviews are not all positive. USA Today released an review stating that the file was "Nice to look at but the magic isn't there."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown