Vivienne Jolie-Pitt Makes Big Screen Debut in 'Maleficent'
By Christine Jane Caparras | May 29, 2014 4:04 PM EST
5 year old Vivienne Jolie Pitt is already following in the footsteps of superstar parents Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Vivienne makes her big screen debut in Jolie's film "Maleficent" where she plays the part of young Princess Aurora.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, wearing a silver Elie Saab gown, arrive at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Mike Blake
Elle Fanning plays the grown-up version of the character played by little Vivienne. Princess Aurora is also know as Sleeping Beauty based on the fairytale by the Brothers Grimm and popularized by the Disney Animated Movie.
The Hollywood A-listers said that they do not want to push their six children to follow their footsteps. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are parents to six children. Aside from Vivienne who is five years old, sister Zahara, 9 and brother Pax, 10 also have small walk-in roles in the movie.
Jolie said that she wanted the kids to do it for fun and enjoy the process and only decide when they get older if they wanted to be actors.
"I want them to do it for fun only, and when they get older, if they decide to be actors, I would just ask that that's not the center of their lives, that's an aspect but they are involved in many other things, because I don't think it's a healthy focus as the center of your life," explained Jolie.
It was not only the children who had fun doing the movie though; Jolie and Pitt also had fun and were pleasantly surprised while coaching their little daughter through her scenes.
"The first day was the day she had to catch the butterfly, and she just really didn't feel like doing it, I actually was holding the pole with the ball on the end and bouncing up and down and dancing, trying to make her laugh, and daddy was on the edge of the cliff she had to jump off, making faces and all her brothers and sisters were egging her on, She eventually did it but she was taking her sweet time and not wanting to do it twice, certainly," said Jolie.
"When we did it together, we had a good time, we played together, I was actually shocked that she was doing so well. She went back and hit her mark! It's frightening."
"Maleficent" is expected to top the box office over the weekend but early reviews are not all positive. USA Today released an review stating that the file was "Nice to look at but the magic isn't there."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown