Vivienne Jolie-Pitt Makes Big Screen Debut in 'Maleficent'
By Christine Jane Caparras | May 29, 2014 4:04 PM EST
5 year old Vivienne Jolie Pitt is already following in the footsteps of superstar parents Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Vivienne makes her big screen debut in Jolie's film "Maleficent" where she plays the part of young Princess Aurora.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, wearing a silver Elie Saab gown, arrive at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Mike Blake
Elle Fanning plays the grown-up version of the character played by little Vivienne. Princess Aurora is also know as Sleeping Beauty based on the fairytale by the Brothers Grimm and popularized by the Disney Animated Movie.
The Hollywood A-listers said that they do not want to push their six children to follow their footsteps. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are parents to six children. Aside from Vivienne who is five years old, sister Zahara, 9 and brother Pax, 10 also have small walk-in roles in the movie.
Jolie said that she wanted the kids to do it for fun and enjoy the process and only decide when they get older if they wanted to be actors.
"I want them to do it for fun only, and when they get older, if they decide to be actors, I would just ask that that's not the center of their lives, that's an aspect but they are involved in many other things, because I don't think it's a healthy focus as the center of your life," explained Jolie.
It was not only the children who had fun doing the movie though; Jolie and Pitt also had fun and were pleasantly surprised while coaching their little daughter through her scenes.
"The first day was the day she had to catch the butterfly, and she just really didn't feel like doing it, I actually was holding the pole with the ball on the end and bouncing up and down and dancing, trying to make her laugh, and daddy was on the edge of the cliff she had to jump off, making faces and all her brothers and sisters were egging her on, She eventually did it but she was taking her sweet time and not wanting to do it twice, certainly," said Jolie.
"When we did it together, we had a good time, we played together, I was actually shocked that she was doing so well. She went back and hit her mark! It's frightening."
"Maleficent" is expected to top the box office over the weekend but early reviews are not all positive. USA Today released an review stating that the file was "Nice to look at but the magic isn't there."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales