Vivienne Jolie-Pitt Makes Big Screen Debut in 'Maleficent'
By Christine Jane Caparras | May 29, 2014 4:04 PM EST
5 year old Vivienne Jolie Pitt is already following in the footsteps of superstar parents Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Vivienne makes her big screen debut in Jolie's film "Maleficent" where she plays the part of young Princess Aurora.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, wearing a silver Elie Saab gown, arrive at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Mike Blake
Elle Fanning plays the grown-up version of the character played by little Vivienne. Princess Aurora is also know as Sleeping Beauty based on the fairytale by the Brothers Grimm and popularized by the Disney Animated Movie.
The Hollywood A-listers said that they do not want to push their six children to follow their footsteps. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are parents to six children. Aside from Vivienne who is five years old, sister Zahara, 9 and brother Pax, 10 also have small walk-in roles in the movie.
Jolie said that she wanted the kids to do it for fun and enjoy the process and only decide when they get older if they wanted to be actors.
"I want them to do it for fun only, and when they get older, if they decide to be actors, I would just ask that that's not the center of their lives, that's an aspect but they are involved in many other things, because I don't think it's a healthy focus as the center of your life," explained Jolie.
It was not only the children who had fun doing the movie though; Jolie and Pitt also had fun and were pleasantly surprised while coaching their little daughter through her scenes.
"The first day was the day she had to catch the butterfly, and she just really didn't feel like doing it, I actually was holding the pole with the ball on the end and bouncing up and down and dancing, trying to make her laugh, and daddy was on the edge of the cliff she had to jump off, making faces and all her brothers and sisters were egging her on, She eventually did it but she was taking her sweet time and not wanting to do it twice, certainly," said Jolie.
"When we did it together, we had a good time, we played together, I was actually shocked that she was doing so well. She went back and hit her mark! It's frightening."
"Maleficent" is expected to top the box office over the weekend but early reviews are not all positive. USA Today released an review stating that the file was "Nice to look at but the magic isn't there."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date