Vivienne Jolie-Pitt Makes Big Screen Debut in 'Maleficent'
By Christine Jane Caparras | May 29, 2014 4:04 PM EST
5 year old Vivienne Jolie Pitt is already following in the footsteps of superstar parents Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Vivienne makes her big screen debut in Jolie's film "Maleficent" where she plays the part of young Princess Aurora.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, wearing a silver Elie Saab gown, arrive at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Mike Blake
Elle Fanning plays the grown-up version of the character played by little Vivienne. Princess Aurora is also know as Sleeping Beauty based on the fairytale by the Brothers Grimm and popularized by the Disney Animated Movie.
The Hollywood A-listers said that they do not want to push their six children to follow their footsteps. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are parents to six children. Aside from Vivienne who is five years old, sister Zahara, 9 and brother Pax, 10 also have small walk-in roles in the movie.
Jolie said that she wanted the kids to do it for fun and enjoy the process and only decide when they get older if they wanted to be actors.
"I want them to do it for fun only, and when they get older, if they decide to be actors, I would just ask that that's not the center of their lives, that's an aspect but they are involved in many other things, because I don't think it's a healthy focus as the center of your life," explained Jolie.
It was not only the children who had fun doing the movie though; Jolie and Pitt also had fun and were pleasantly surprised while coaching their little daughter through her scenes.
"The first day was the day she had to catch the butterfly, and she just really didn't feel like doing it, I actually was holding the pole with the ball on the end and bouncing up and down and dancing, trying to make her laugh, and daddy was on the edge of the cliff she had to jump off, making faces and all her brothers and sisters were egging her on, She eventually did it but she was taking her sweet time and not wanting to do it twice, certainly," said Jolie.
"When we did it together, we had a good time, we played together, I was actually shocked that she was doing so well. She went back and hit her mark! It's frightening."
"Maleficent" is expected to top the box office over the weekend but early reviews are not all positive. USA Today released an review stating that the file was "Nice to look at but the magic isn't there."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28