Toshiba Unveils Two ‘Windows 8.1’ ($199, $269) and ‘Android 4.4’ ($109) Tablets
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 29, 2014 2:52 PM EST
Toshiba, the Japanese multinational corporation has announced three new tablets that run on different operating systems. The devices include 'Excite Go' and two variants of 'Encore 2' tablets.
The 8 inches tablet 'Toshiba Encore 2' is priced at US$199. Additionally, the company has also announced a 10 inches variant of Encore 2 model. This 10 inches tablet is priced at US$269. Both these tablets run on Windows 8.1 with Bing version.
In addition to these two Windows tablets, the company also unveiled an Android tablet named 'Excite Go.' The 7 inches Excite Go tablet runs on Android 4.4 KitKat OS. The Excite Go is priced at US$109.99.
Both the Encore 2 tablets come with a display resolution of 1,280 x 800 pixels. The devices are powered by quad-core Intel Atom processors. The other salient features include up to 64 GB of internal storage, with microSD card support for further expansion up to 128 GB, 5 MP rear-facing camera and 1.2 MP high definition front-facing camera units.
The 10 inches and 8 inches Encore 2 tablets feature 2 GB and 1 GB of RAM respectively.
The devices support Wi-Fi 802.11n and they come with stereo speakers. In addition, Microsoft Office will be pre-installed and that comes with a 1 year Office 365 Personal subscription. In addition, the 10 inches model provides microHDMI port support.
The Encore 2 tablets are capable of providing up to 10 hours of battery life for regular usage and up to 8 hours of video playback time.
The 8 inches tablet comes with a thickness of 0.4 inches and it weighs less than a pound. The 10 inches tablet, on the other hand, weighs 1.2 pounds and it shares the same thickness dimension with the compact version.
The 7 inches Android tablet 'Excite Go,' on the other hand, comes with a screen resolution of 1,024 x 600 pixels. The other features include the same quad-core Intel Atom processor, 16 GB of internal storage and it supports microSD card for expansion up to 128 GB. The tablet will house 1GB of RAM.
The Excite Go tablet comes with a pre-loaded full version of OfficeSuite Pro. And the device can pack battery life up to 7.5 hours.
The launch dates of all three tablets are set for early July in the U.S. However, the global launch information is not available at this point in time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family