Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted, S5 Prime vs HTC One M8 Prime: Killer Features to Expect
By Precious Silva | May 29, 2014 1:47 PM EST
Samsung unleashed the Samsung Galaxy S5 last February. As with other flagship devices, Samsung will reportedly release another variant under the S5 series. The upcoming variant will be a luxury edition of the S5 dubbed as "Galaxy S5 Prime." At the beginning of May, leaked photos of the device appeared suggesting the device will come with a QHD (2K) resolution display and a metal build. This time, the device appeared on an import website. Will the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime be a contender against new competition like the HTC One M8 Prime?
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
Gizbot reported about a recent sighting of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime device on Indian import site called Zauba. The device was dubbed SM-G906. The Samsung Galaxy S5 came with model number G900, therefore G906 can be considered under the series. The spotted device may be another variant of Samsung's latest flagship.
According to the report, the Samsung's G906 is already in New Delhi. The device came from South Korea but found its way to India for research and development. What makes the device standout is that it will not feature the standard 5.2-inch screen. The device will instead go for a 5.1-inch device. The tracking site also indicated starting price for the device is Rs. 21,245. Analysts expect the S5 Prime to cost more than the original S5 because of its higher end nature. Samsung has not made any official announcements about the new variant. The spotted device may be the Prime variant or another S5 edition.
- Screen display: S5 prime will reportedly feature 5.1 to 5.2-inch display offering 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution whereas the HTC One M8 Prime will come with a 5.5-inch display offering 2K resolution.
- Processor - the S5 device will run on a 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor or an 810 chipset. Other features include 3GB RAM and Adreno 420 graphics. The HTC One M8 Prime will reportedly run on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 805 or 810 CPU packing on 3GB RAM.
As mentioned, Samsung and HTC will have to finalize details about their upcoming devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family