‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Days of Future Past' Sequel; Release Date, Plot, Cast, Villain and More
By jaskiran kaur | May 29, 2014 1:46 PM EST
Within few days of its release, "X-Men: Days of Future Past," the movie has become one of the biggest superhero films to be released in the year 2014. The seventh installment of the "X-Men" franchise has left its fans wanting for more. Fans are eager for its eighth installment "X-Men: Apocalypse" and any update is like delightful treat for them. For those anxious fans, here is some information about the next movie available so far. [Warning: Spoilers Alert]
This article contains potential spoilers from "X-Men: Apocalypse." Read only if you want to learn about it more.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" post-credit scenes dropped a bomb of a spoiler from its next movie "X-Men: Apocalypse." The scene set in Egypt, showed mutant Apocalypse, whose human name is En Sabah Nur. The brief featurette showed huge crowd chanting his name and hailing the young Apocalypse. Post-credit scene also gives a glimpse into the powers he holds. He is powerful, with powers that allow him to build a pyramid in the Egyptian desert within seconds. He is the next villain and the most powerful ever faced by X-Men.
Release Date: "X-Men: Days of Future Past's" director Bryan Singer made the big announcement about the next movie on Twitter on Dec.6, 2013. In his message to millions of his fans over the social media network, he announced that the sequel will be released two years later in 2016. According on IMDb.com the film will release on May 27, 2016.
Cast and Crew Members: Simon Kinberg returns as the writer of "X-Men" franchise for the sixth time. As for direction of the movie, Bryan Singer is confirmed to return and spearhead the much anticipated installment. Simon Kinberg told The Daily beast "that is the plan," when asked about Singer's return for the next movie.
As for the cast, in an interview with Total Film, Kinberg revealed that the film will "primarily follow the 'First Class' cast." But fans can also expect to see some "original" cast members as revealed by the movie's writer. And there will be some new characters to watch out for such as Apocalypse. In a podcast with Empire Online (via comicbook.com) with the writer, Kinberg told there will be "some new X-Men that will add unique flavour."
Also, the film will showcase the work of Kinberg, Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris. Returning to the series are Jennifer Lawrence, Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult and more. Furthermore, Channing Tatum will appear as Gambit, who is a very skilled and knowledgeable mutant with powers of controlling kinetic energy, card throwing and using a bo.
Plot: In the same interview, the writer told that the movie will follow the storyline that takes place years after "X-Men: Days of Future Past." He suggests that the movie may feature some "origin stories of other characters."
New Villain: Fans have been shown a glimpse of the next villain who is obviously going to be the focus of "X-Men: Apocalypse." In the "X-Men" universe, Apocalypse is the mutant who was born as long as 5000 years ago in Egypt and he was abandoned by his family due to his unusual appearance. He was raised by Baal, who was the leader of the Sandstormers. He gave him his human name En Sabah Nur. As shown in the post-credits scene, Apocalypse appears to be someone who grows up to become someone very authoritative, powerful and influential. Singer describes him as the "darkest leader" and the "most powerful villain" ever in the franchise.
It's 'Biggest' and a Disaster 'X-Men' Movie: According to Kinberg, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is a time travel movie and "Apocalypse" is a "disaster" movie. In the podcast session, he also revealed that from the "standpoint of scope and scale visually" the sequel will be the "biggest 'X-Men' movie" ever.
Also, appearing in "X-Men: Apocalypse" are younger selves of Scott, Jean Grey and Storm in the 1980s world. So are you excited for the "Days of Future Past" sequel?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]