NBA Playoffs - East Finals: Pacers Win Game 5, Stay Alive vs. Heat [PHOTOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | May 29, 2014 1:20 PM EST
Paul George got hot, Lance Stephenson bugged a foul-troubled LeBron James to the end and the Indiana Pacers hacked out a stirring 93-90 victory over the Miami Heat in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals to extend the best-of-seven series.
George had 37 points and 6 steals while Stephenson had 12 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists and both helped in containing James to just 7 points on 2-of-10 shooting from the field.
Other Pacers made key contributions as well; David West ended up with 19 points and 9 rebounds and Roy Hibbert did not produce an egg this time with a double-double of 10 points and 13 rebounds.
The teams exchanged clutch shots in the end game. Chris Bosh (20 points and 10 rebounds) cut the lead to 88-87 with a 3-pointer but George responded with a three of his own to give the Pacers the 91-87 lead. The Heat wouldn't go away as they found a Rashard Lewis (18 points) for another 3-pointer to cut the lead to 91-90 with 16 seconds to go.
The Pacers made just one free throw in the next possession to give the Heat a chance at 92-90. James had a chance to send the game to overtime but passed to Bosh, who missed the potential game-winner from behind the arc.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 5 of the MIA-IND series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage