NBA Playoffs - East Finals: Pacers Win Game 5, Stay Alive vs. Heat [PHOTOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | May 29, 2014 1:20 PM EST
Paul George got hot, Lance Stephenson bugged a foul-troubled LeBron James to the end and the Indiana Pacers hacked out a stirring 93-90 victory over the Miami Heat in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals to extend the best-of-seven series.
George had 37 points and 6 steals while Stephenson had 12 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists and both helped in containing James to just 7 points on 2-of-10 shooting from the field.
Other Pacers made key contributions as well; David West ended up with 19 points and 9 rebounds and Roy Hibbert did not produce an egg this time with a double-double of 10 points and 13 rebounds.
The teams exchanged clutch shots in the end game. Chris Bosh (20 points and 10 rebounds) cut the lead to 88-87 with a 3-pointer but George responded with a three of his own to give the Pacers the 91-87 lead. The Heat wouldn't go away as they found a Rashard Lewis (18 points) for another 3-pointer to cut the lead to 91-90 with 16 seconds to go.
The Pacers made just one free throw in the next possession to give the Heat a chance at 92-90. James had a chance to send the game to overtime but passed to Bosh, who missed the potential game-winner from behind the arc.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 5 of the MIA-IND series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles