‘BattleCry’ from Bethesda: Building Worlds and Fighting Battles on the PC in 2015
By Gel Galang | May 29, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Bethesda's next project will bring together gamers who are hungry for (digital blood) and with "BattleCry," a multiplayer combat game for the PC.
This is in collaboration with BattleCry Studios, formed first in 2012 and with this slated to be their first project as a studio. For this title, the developers have created a world where 32 players can join the battle, and takes after the tournaments that are reminiscent of Japanese animation trends.
Warfare is no longer a matter of who has the bigger army but rather who has the strongest warriors that can outlast other combatants, as they each fight for their specific nation. This team has been trained for combat within the arena, with the player tasked to make sure that his warrior gets better with each progressive level. This means improving skills, unlocking abilities, and getting more gear.
According to the source, there will be a wide array of weapons to choose from and strategy is just as key as your ability to make sure that your warrior is among the strongest of the fighters.
"The BattleCry team is happy to unveil the game that bears our studio's name," said BattleCry Studios' Rich Vogel to Videogamer. "We have been hard at work to create a fresh experience for gamers that brings together multiplayer action with visually stunning combat and are excited to share details about the game and have people play 'BattleCry' in Bethesda's booth at E3."
What to Expect in "BattleCry"
PC World has managed to get an in-depth look at what's happening behind the scenes with "BattleCry" and it seems that the story that fuels the battlefield has been well-thought out as the gameplay itself.
Instinct and action are pretty much the gas that fuels the flame in "BattleCry." Even though strategy does come into play when you're dealing with a multiplayer game, it also requires quite an amount of instinctive dodge-then-slash-away action, before you get hacked yourself.
The only possible flaw is that the number of teams does not seem to be controlled, unlike the way "Titanfall" controls its teams via matchmaking. The source states that there is a possibility that a group of three can battle with a group of five, which obviously puts the odds in favor of the latter team.
As far as the world is concerned, given that Dishonored veteran Viktor Antonov is at the helm as art director, PC World comments that there is a very similar taste of Dishonored woven into the visuals of the game. The actual world of 'BattleCry" is something worth looking at and enjoying in the process between fights.
Only the First of Expected Games from Bethesda
"BattleCry" does not seem to be the only game that Bethesda has in store for players, previous sightings of an entry in Amazon U.K. point to a placeholder game expected for the studio.
VG 24/7 reports that a product listing for Bethesda, titled "Bethesda E3 2014 Dummy ASIN PS4 2," was spotted before being taken down. The interesting move may be a bit of information leaked way too early, hence the take down. But sources have been quick to act and take a screenshot, seen in the link above.
Fans have noted that the "PS4" part is very telling, where it can be an exclusive for Sony's next-gen game. But there is another possibility that the placeholder had only included this version, with the Xbox One platform still to be revealed.
The earlier report has emphasised Bethesda's lack of plans for any reveals at E3 2014, but given how "BattleCry" is expected to have more details given out during the E3 event, it's highly likely that this game will also make an appearance.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble