Kate Middleton’s ‘Bare Bottom’ Published by Australian Paper
By Anne Lu | May 29, 2014 12:14 PM EST
Kate Middleton’s exposed bum has come to Australia. Sydney’s The Daily Telegraph has refused to follow the UK media’s lead not to post a revealing picture of the Duchess of Cambridge, even blaming her for failing to “protect her own modesty.”
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, arrive with their son Prince George at Sydney Airport April 16, 2014. Britain's Prince William, his wife Kate and their son Prince George flew from New Zealand to Australia, where they will now spend nine days touring the country. REUTERS/Phil Noble
German newspaper Bild has posted a shot of Kate’s skirt blowing in the wind, revealing her “bare bottom” in Australia. The photo, which also sees her husband Prince William by her side as they were leaving a helicopter, was posted along with another picture of Kate in 2011 in Canada, in which her blown skirt also revealed her behind.
The photos sparked criticisms, with some blaming Kate for her seemingly lack of care for her modesty, while others questioning the paper’s decision to run the photos.
The UK media decided not to publish the photos; hence, they were sold overseas.
Australian newspapers and magazines also avoided the photos, but one newspaper refused to follow the media’s “antiquated code of etiquette.”
The Daily Telegraph, a local paper owned by Rupert Murdoch, posted the photo in a piece titled, “Why should the media stick to an antiquated code of etiquette when Kate doesn’t bother to protect her own modesty?”
“Why would the cheeky French, German and American media, with no Commonwealth ties to Britain, be expected to honour such an antiquated code of etiquette? Why should the media be responsible for turning a blind eye when the royals aren’t always vigilant about keeping themselves nice?” writer Annette Sharp wrote.
She argued that the case in 2012 when Kate was photographed sunbathing topless in France is different from the bum exposé because the latter was taken at a public property. The topless photos were discreetly shot from a private estate by Closer magazine.
“But when she is on a public street and her dress blows up again and again, surely the lesson is the media can only turn a blind eye for so long.
“If the Duchess can’t be bothered protecting herself by having hem weights sewn into her garments, why should the media protect her?”
Clarence House has not commented on the publication of the photos.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine